Asked 3 days ago

How can I brighten up a basement bedroom?

RymeaBetsyPamela
+5

IM RENTING A BASEMENT AND ON A VERY TIGHT TO 0 BUDGET ANY IDEAS ON HOW TO BRIGHTEN THE ROOM WITHOUT A BUNCH OF LAMPS CUZ OF ELECTRICITY? I NEED HELP..TYTREENA

• Cindy

Hi Treena. I'm Cindy. You will get the biggest bang for your buck with paint. A very light color will help to lighten things up. Most home improvement stores have paint that people have returned for whatever reasons. You can buy that paint for a fraction of the cost.

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Trenna, Paint is one of the cheapest ways to make a difference in a room. You may want to check with you paint store, sometimes they have cheap paint people didn't want or returned. Good luck

• TREENA

TY LUV ILL CHECK IT OUT..

• Michelle

I too would too recommend paint. Its amazing how it can change a room. If its a large space, I've always heard that's when you can use darker colors to make the room seem cozier and the opposite is true if its a small space, use a lighter color to open up the space. I've use light tans in a few bathrooms and it was amazing how it opened up the space. The other great thing about paint is if you don't like the finished product, its an easy fix... you can always just repaint it. 😊 Doing a chairrail, painting the top of the wall one (lighter) color and then painting the bottom a different (darker) color. It can even be two shades of the same color, as long as the darker color is on the bottom. Painting also makes everything look so clean and fresh anf makes it feel like "your personal" space since you were able to choose the colors. Some colors are just relaxing also. Good luck. Hopefully your landlords will let you use your creativity. Good luck! 😊

• Kathy Gunter Law

Mirrors, pictures of the outdoors/landscapes, twinkle lights (not much of an electrical pull), light colors for furnishings.

• Pamela

Light colored paint and mirrors , even a removable wall mural , of nature ...the beach or outdoor landscape . As for lights , get LED bulbs , they cost almost nothing to use , much cheaper on the electric bill than old regular bulbs !!! The LED bulbs cost more , but last way , way,way ,way longer .

Hi Treena: Yup, paint :) And maybe some light coloured bed covers. Take a look at https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=habitat+for+humanity+restore to see if they have anything there that you can use. They have paint, and all sorts of stuff. There is sure to be one near you! :) Good luck

• Rymea
    2 minutes ago

Start with warm off white walls and colorful bedding.