5 Minute Wood Tray

$20

This modern tray can be made so quickly using a few items that you probably have lying around the house.

Items you’ll need:

Wood

4 recycled succulent pots (I had these already from the dollar store - I don’t throw away anything 🤣)

Stain (Ebony)

Glue gun

e6000

Take the succulents and pop out the Styrofoam. These were a great shape with thick plastic.

Now I was left with 4 empty pots.

I then cut a piece of wood I had lying around from a different project. It was a 12” board so I cut it in a square 11.5” x 11.5”. We know all wood pieces are never the size they claim it to be - ugh! Lightly sand the wood if it’s not smooth.

Next, I stained the wood in ebony which is like black. I wanted to match the flower pots that will become the feet.

I used a towel to do the staining which is the quickest way!

Lastly, I used my E6000 and hot glued the empty plastic pots to the bottom 4 corners, about an inch from each side.

This is a super fast project and makes a great riser or tray for any display.

This is what I did with mine but what’s great about it is that you can do anything you like with it. See more simple projects at Gilbert Marketplace.

• DarthPagan

Really cute and simple! Where did you get those bunnies from?? I love them!

• Cass

They’re at dollar general. You can find them online and in the stores unless they’re out of stock. I think they’re 2 dollars a piece. I found mine at goodwill for .50, though.