DIY Drop Cloth Covered Footstool

$30

It is super easy to build a piece of furniture with simple items from the home improvement store!

Found these furniture legs and coordinate plates at a local home improvement store.

I cut a piece of scrap wood to the length that I wanted the footstool.

I then marked a piece of foam from the craft store to match the dimensions of the wood.

Using a carving knife, I cut the craft foam.

Using spray adhesive, I sprayed the piece of wood. Make sure you're in a well ventilated area when spraying the adhesive.

Next I placed the piece of foam onto the board and pressed firmly around. I waited a few minutes to let the adhesive dry a bit before moving to the next step.

Once the adhesive was dry, I measured out the drop cloth and cut enough to cover and wrap the footstool.

Using a heavy duty stapler, I stapled the drop cloth to the wood.

I wrapped the end of the piece like a present.

Tucking both sides in and using the staple gun to secure the ends to the underneath.

Using a drill and the enclosed screws, I attached the metal plates to the bottom of the piece using a drill. It's very important to wear safety glasses when doing this part.

After all the plates were in place, I screwed in all of the furniture legs. Since the legs come unfinished, I decided to stain them to match the room the footstool would be going in.

Now I have a footstool to use in my reading nook.

I love the way the footstool completes the space.

CribbsStyle

• Cathy S.

Love this! Thank you!

** Would be kinda cool to paint a pattern or bright flowers on dropcloth first. Would paint adhere to this material?

A colored dropcloth would be less likely to be show dirt..and be pretty and bright!

• CribbsStyle

That’s a great suggestion! I would add a fabric medium to the paint so it makes it less stiff. But definitely make it yours!!

• Jess | Pretty Living

Love it! Thanks for sharing 😄