Asked 7 days ago

How do you keep flowers fresh longer?

RedcatcecKmdreamerSimple Nature Decor
+12

what to use

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Hi Donna, here's some tricks from Pro Flowers. They tested several different ideas out there. I've always dropped an aspirin in my cut bouquets. https://www.proflowers.com/blog/how-to-make-flowers-last-longer

• Kathy Gunter Law

I also do the aspirin drop once my flowers begin to droop a bit. Make sure it is a regular, un coated aspirin.

• Chloe Crabtree

There are a number of things to do to keep your flowers fresh longer. Begin when you bring them home. Use a clean vase and fill it with room temperature water. If you have flower food, mix it into the water, making sure it is diluted in the water. Next, open your lowers and cut each stem on an angle. Cutting with a knife will keep the stem from being crushed, which may prevent the flower from taking up water. Remove all foliage beneath the water line. If you don't have any flower food, you can add 1/4 cup of clear soda (like Sprite) to the water. If your refrigerator will accommodate your bouquet, putting it into the refrigerator every evening when you go to bed and taking it out in the morning will extend the life of the flowers. Take your flowers out of the vase, recut the stems, empty the vase, wash it and change the water every third day or so will also help to extend the life of your flowers.

• Maura White

mix 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons sugar with the vase water before adding the flowers - change the water every few days!

• The trick is to change the water often. Florists often change it daily!

• Mogie

Soda, hair spray, apple cider vinegar, vodka, aspirin, bleach, coins or sugar:

https://www.rd.com/home/decorating/how-to-make-flowers-last-longer/

• Cynthia H

I use the little packets that come with them in a clean vase. I trim the stems, and remove any lower leaf.

• Morgan McBride

Cut the stems every night - even just a little bit off. Change the water a lot too!

• Flipturn

If there is space in the fridge, place the arrangement inside over night. Or, at least put the bouquet in a cooler part of the house, away from direct heat, when you are sleeping. This will help keep the bouquet fresher, especially in homes with forced air heating.

• Rosa

sugar, small amount

• Carrie

Mix one quart of water with one teaspoon of sugar and a teaspoon of vinegar and use that in the vase. With tulips put a penny in the water. Lilacs.....beat the branches with a hammer.

• Homeroad

My favorite tip for flowers is to drop a few pennies in the vase with tulips. They last longer because they don't fall over. It works!

• Simple Nature Decor

I cut them on the angle and change the water often.

• Kmdreamer

Change the water everyday and trim off brown on stem

• Redcatcec
    17 minutes ago

I trim the stems at an angle daily making sure there is no leafy greenery under the water. The water in the vase has either the little packet of plant food or added sugar. Change the water every other day.