Clothespin Carrot Ornament

$5

Doesn't it feel like this year is moving way too fast? I wasn't ready for Christmas to be over and here we are, with Easter right around the corner... Or at least it feels like it's right around the corner. How many of my Hometalk friends have an Easter tree? I change up my Easter décor every year, but ornaments are great because they can be hung on anything!

These clothespin carrots are so easy to make and adorable, plus, most of have the supplies already to make them.

Start by taking apart your clothespins.

Make a loop with green yarn (or twine) and glue to the top of your clothespin. Add hot glue down the clothespin glue both pieces together.

Tie a few pieces of yarn around the loop.

Separate the yarn fibers... it gives it a nice, full look.

Paint your carrot orange. When the paint is dry, add Mod Podge and sprinkle glitter onto the carrot.

Add glitter to all the sides of the carrot. You want to see the sparkles no matter what side you are looking at.

You can hang your carrot anywhere now! You can make lots of them and add them to a wreath, use them on the table for place settings or tie a bunch to a piece of yarn for a fun and playful garland!

You can see my Easter home tour here.

Holly Lengner - Lost Mom