DIY Basket Wall

$20

Hey there! When you think of an accent wall, do you think permanent and/or expensive? Well they don’t have to be!

I had an empty wall in one of our bedrooms that I didn’t know what to do with for a long time. I started collecting baskets from thrift stores to add some texture and dimension. I got my baskets from Goodwill and a couple other thrift stores. The small and medium sized baskets were usually $1 (sometimes cheaper) and the bigger sized ones were usually $3.

I wiped all my baskets down with a disinfecting wipe and then laid them out on the floor in what I thought was an appealing pattern. I chose to put my baskets tight together, but you could space them farther apart and arrange in any shape you like!

To attach the baskets to the wall, I used these small nails that don’t do a lot of damage to the baskets or the wall! Win! I only had to use one nail for most baskets.

What an easy and cheap little project! I love the texture the baskets give to this space, and that I can take it down in a matter of minutes if I get sick of it. The holes left from the nails are so small, I wouldn’t even have to spackle them if I didn’t want to!

To see more: https://www.instagram.com/craftingupcuteness/

• Very pretty! This look never goes out of style. I have done something similar several times throughout my lifetime. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing. 🌞

• Susan Fillingim

I love looking for unusual baskets AND basket weave fans which used to be plentiful, but are rare to find these days. Changing up a wall is easy, too. I use to change the baskets around to fit over the pin or needle holes, too. Hadn't thought about putting the baskets closer together....will try that next time. Thanks for sharing!