How to Make Felt Dahlia Flowers

$5

Put a touch of spring & summer in your home now by creating beautiful felt Dahlia flowers! These faux flowers look so pretty grouped together as a display or tied on a gift. You could even attach a faux stem and gather them in a vase. They don't take long at all to make!

To begin, cut dahlia petals in 3 sizes from a sheet of felt. You'll need 6 large petals, 6 medium, and 6 small.

You can find a template of these petals on my blog. See https://aboxoftwine.com/how-to-make-felt-dahlia-flowers/. (NOTE - you'll need to subscribe to my email list to gain access to this template & other freebies)

For the base of the flower, cut two 2.5" circles from the felt and hot-glue them together, leaving a slight open gap.

Stuff the base with poly-fill stuffing, and hot-glue the gap of the circles shut.

Next, fold in the base of your petals toward the bottom center, and hot-glue them.

Fasten the large flower petals on the center of the base with hot-glue, overlapping each petal in a circle.

Attach the medium sized petals to the base in the same fashion, placing them in the gaps of the large petals.

You'll finish the 3rd layer with just 5 of the small petals attached in the same manner.

Finally, fasten your last small petal with hot-glue inside the center of the flower. Done!

It's a great idea to alternate colors with the petals, too.

Have fun making the flowers with various colors for spring.

Find more craft ideas on my blog at:

https://aboxoftwine.com/category/diy/

Susan - A Box of Twine

• Lori Patterson

This is an Awesome idea ..!!! I Love it .

My Question is Do you have a temple for making these Flowers ( Sizes) For each Flower Petal ??? I Am the baby of the Redhatters in my Area and this would be great to make for the girls to put on their hats !!!!

Thank You for the idea ..!!!

Lori

• Susan - A Box of Twine

Oh, how fun that you're a young Redhatter! I'm from the Northeast, but I recall seeing a group of the lovely ladies in Georgia when visiting my sister. That is a great idea to add the flowers to their hats. I do mention the template on my blog post (see https://aboxoftwine.com/how-to-make-felt-dahlia-flowers/.). The template is for all 3 sizes of the petals.

You'll need to subscribe to my email list to gain access to my free library of resources (such as the template), but hopefully you'll find many more fun craft projects on the blog as well as this one!

Thanks for checking out the project here.

• Dixie Stoll

What is the intended purpose of these?

• Susan - A Box of Twine

Anything you'd like!

I used them to adorn the tops of wrapped gifts (you can see my blog post for photos), as well as to adorn a cowl. You could also glue a faux stem to the back of the base and gather them in a vase.

Another Hometalk member had the idea to decorate hats with them.

The thought is to use them as a decoration in any way you fashion.

Enjoy!