Decorate Your Front Door for Spring!

$25

Even if the temperatures where you are don’t say spring is around the corner, it is! Make this spring basket for your front door to share that spring feeling!

I spotted this sweet little basket at the craft store and it reminded me of a purse my mother had years and years ago. I just knew she would love having this basket for the front door. 

Wedge styrofoam or dry floral foam into the basket until it fits tightly and does not wiggle around. I am trying to use less styrofoam in my projects, so this was scraps from a previous craft. 

To have the arrangement to flow over the edge of the basket, but still be able to see the wicker base, add some trailing greenery to one side. 

Purple hydrangeas will show up lovely against a white door, so I added a pair of those. Then it is time to fill in with more blooms.

There are three different ways to secure the flowers and foliage into the foam in the basket. If the stems are thick enough, AND you are using floral foam, the stems can be stuck right into it. If you are lucky enough to have a Steel Pix machine, you can add steel picks to stems to secure them in your arrangement.

The third method is to use wood wired sticks to attach to your blooms and foliage to add to your basket for your front door. 

Adding faux wisteria in the same colors over the top of the trailing greenery softens the look. 

Continue adding faux flowers in your choice of colors, making your basket full. Trailing flowers like the wisteria is fine, but don’t cover up that basket you began with. You want some of the basket to show.

Don’t forget about the back of your basket. When you are happy with the front of the basket, turn it around and make sure you fill in the back. Don’t obstruct the handle, you will be using it to hang the basket on your door or wall.  

This will be the perfect decor for my mother to greet spring at her front door! If you want something a little more showy, try a  Catalog Knock Off Swag! 

Chloe Crabtree

• Peggy Clark

Very inspiring & Beautifully done! However I have the SAME QUESTION as others 🤔🤔 Does ANYONE have An Idea As To Keeping The Birds From Building NESTS Into Any Of Our Outside Baskets of Artificial Flowers!!??

So very SAD After all our work These Birds Seem To Think It's Made For Them.. I'm Very Open to Any & All Suggestions! 😥🙏👍🙏👍🤞

• Carey

I can't say that i have a solution, I put a pretty sign above my door and the swallows seemed to think that I had put it there especially to aid their nest building and the entire time that I had the sweet sign above my door, I had a swallow nest on it and all the accompanying mess to go with it. I finally gave up and took it down. Nothing I tried worked to discourage those persistent swallows. : )

• Cathy Kurpil

Do you cut off the front handle?

• Mikki Holland

Hi! Beautiful idea!! 💗💐💗 But I must've missed it...how do you attach the basket to the door??! Thanks for sharing! 😉👍🏻💝