Succulent Artwork Made From Seaglass

$5

Do you love green plants but yet you don't have a green thumb? If you said yes, this project is for you to try just as I had to try it!

Two 8 x 10 Recycled Frames

For this project I will be once again recycling old picture frames, first a light cleaning and then take them apart.

Supplies gathered

I laid out my glass portion of the frame with a piece of white backing to become the backdrop for the art. I used E6000 since it's super terrific to adhere things to glass and it dries clear.

Mock-up

I created a window and a couple of plant stands with the driftwood pieces.

Sea Pottery

These are just a sampling of the shards of pottery and dinnerware that I find at the beach. These shards will become the flower pots for my picture.

Adding the Pottery

I laid out my flower pots first and then decided on the plants to create in each of them. The left one in the window is a plastic one that I snuck in from my scrapbooking supplies.

Creating the Greenery

The green sea glass becomes the houseplants, I suggest that you Google succulents if you are unsure about what shapes to form. I used a skewer stick there to remove excess glue and to carefully position the tiny shards.

Adding Blooms

I used an old pair of tweezers to lift and glue the tiny beads in place to create the cactus blooms.

Here are the two frames completed in two different color schemes and layouts.

Closeup of Blue

This one I chose blue and orange for the color scheme. The tiny, orange blooms are clothing sequins and the orange seaglass was painted with frosted glass paint to match. I again used scrapbooking supplies in the way of stickers to accent the picture.

Blue-Orange Combination

I liked the look but yet it still felt bare to me, so I opted to add blue scrapbooking paper for the frame insert.

Blue Background Added

So for the other frame the only paper I had to coordinate with the color scheme was a green scrapbooking sheet.

Closeup of Green-Wine Setting

It has a pattern giving it a textured look almost as if it was wallpaper?

I went with it because the bonus is that you can swap out the backing to whatever you want it to be...white or colored!

Green- Wine Combination

I think they turned out quite well for my first attempt at this form of seaglass art, I will indeed be making more! They make a perfect housewarming gift or a souvenir piece of art! Please follow me along as I come up with more artwork using seaglass and so on like this one. Here's the link to see my other designs [url=https://www.hometalk.com/member/122355/tracey1503443

18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps

• Thea

Not sure if I missed something but how do you cut your pieces so that they are the right size? And what beach do you frequent that delivers so many pot shards?😃

• Sheron

Could you send some sea glass to North Dakota in USA.... No beaches here at all...I love to see pictures of sea glass and I love colored rocks and shells....

• Barb

Are the pieces on the outside or inside of the glass?

• Skilled Thrifty Creatives

Glued on the outside since these aren't shadows frames, the next post I made them within a Shadow box picture frame.

• Debbie

SUPER CUTE.

• Southern Belle

Yes I will try this !!! I have been wanting something different. I would say Bingo this is Definitely different. It’s a project my granddaughter & I can do together. She has just bought her first home.

thank you for sharing 💜💙💜

• Skilled Thrifty Creatives

That sounds so sweet and memorable for you both to create together. Beat wishes to you both, thanks so much for sharing that and you are most welcome!