Dining Room Table Remodel

$15
1 Day

Our dining room table was one of the first pieces of furniture we bought so over the years it was losing its place in our home. Remodeling this piece was so exciting especially when I saw the gorgeous wood under the stain.

And I only spent about $15 for the supplies I already had most of the tools on hand.

This natural color looks so much better in our home

This is what the table looked like before, it was pretty, just didn't go with anything anymore.

For this project all you need is:

• orbital sander using 80 grit pads

• craft smart barnwood tan wax

• Waverly clear finishing wax

• old towels ( for staining)

• paint brush

First thing I did was remove the legs.

Then I started sanding all the legs

Once I finished the legs, I moved on to the table. This part takes patience, it took me about 3 hrs to complete everything

I like to wipe off as I go to see how the wood looks without the stain

Once it's all sanded, I reattached the legs

For this natural wood look I used craft smart barnwood tan wax you can find this at Michaels, once I stained the whole table I let that dry for about an hour and then I put the clear wax on over it.

This is what the table look like after I finish staining it

And you're all done.

• Natasha Cahela

Looks amazing and fits in with your decor perfectly! Do you mind me asking the brand and color of the aqua/teal paint you have on that one wall? I’m driving myself cray trying to find the exact color I’m looking for and that looks like the perfect shade! Thank you!😊

• Brittany Malia

The color actually changes depending on the time of day and light. Its black evergreen from valspar

• Louise

How did you get the original stain out of the spaces between the pieces of wood on the top?

• Deb

Have you thought about re-doing the chairs to match the table? They are wood, right? They are GORGEOUS chairs. The table looks wonderful, too.