Romantic Book Page Candles

$20

This project is easy and fast to do. Its perfect setting for office decor, or for the book nook, or any book lover.

For the supplies you will need Flameless Candles, an old book, Mod Podge, lighter, paint brush.

The flameless candles are purchased on Amazon. I had the book, but you can find then at your local dollar store. The mod podge and paint brush can be purchased at your local craft store. Last the lighter can be purchased at almost any store. 

Make sure the book you pick has pages long enough to cover the candles from top to bottom. Don’t worry about it not being able to cover the candle completely around. For that we use a second page.

Make sure you also have extra left at the top for burning.

STEP 1: Now with the Mod Podge paint a stripe on the candle

STEP 2: Attach the book page to the stripe glue and paint the top of it.

STEP 3: Repeat on other side of the page.

STEP 4: Repeat these steps with the second page. Insure you paint the seams of the pages with the glue.

STEP 5: After the glue has dried, it is time to burn the tops. For safety be close the the sink. 

Burn to your desire and clean the ashes off.

Now you have you romantic book candles.

NOTE: I wish I wouldn't have burned it so close to where the candle was. I should have left a little more paper. So if you do this project, my tip is to burn slowly and keeps testing how long you will want the paper length.

• Margie Oakley

Fantastic idea. I would want to put a page out of one of my favorite books but then I would have to replace the book or I could copy the page and put it back in the book.

• Kathy

Great idea.. love your candles! I am going to definitely do this. Great gift for any book lover!!