Romantic Book Page Candles

$20

This project is easy and fast to do. Its perfect setting for office decor, or for the book nook, or any book lover.

For the supplies you will need Flameless Candles, an old book, Mod Podge, lighter, paint brush.

The flameless candles are purchased on Amazon. I had the book, but you can find then at your local dollar store. The mod podge and paint brush can be purchased at your local craft store. Last the lighter can be purchased at almost any store. 

Make sure the book you pick has pages long enough to cover the candles from top to bottom. Don’t worry about it not being able to cover the candle completely around. For that we use a second page.

Make sure you also have extra left at the top for burning.

STEP 1: Now with the Mod Podge paint a stripe on the candle

STEP 2: Attach the book page to the stripe glue and paint the top of it.

STEP 3: Repeat on other side of the page.

STEP 4: Repeat these steps with the second page. Insure you paint the seams of the pages with the glue.

STEP 5: After the glue has dried, it is time to burn the tops. For safety be close the the sink. 

Burn to your desire and clean the ashes off.

Now you have you romantic book candles.

NOTE: I wish I wouldn't have burned it so close to where the candle was. I should have left a little more paper. So if you do this project, my tip is to burn slowly and keeps testing how long you will want the paper length.

Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Memorial Day Crafts
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Everything Red For Canada Day
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
25 Ways You Can Be an Artist - With No Experience Necessary!
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space

• Jeanne Martin

Love this! Ref your note at the end....Couldn't you remove them and do it again leaving the pages taller? I'm the queen of redoing!

• Jeanne Martin

I actually was thinking it might work even now. If the surface is really smooth, like most of those battery pillar candles, and you can carefully get a little bit started (off the backside just in case it doesn't work) it may come off easier tham you think. Since I really am the Queen of "do it over" I have been surprised many times at how easy dried hot glue comes off smooth surfaces. Doesn't always work but, what the heck, you might get lucky! My problem is I hot glue my craft before I really take a good long hard look at the arrangement. I'm usually a little excited to make something and in a hurry to see it done...doh! Anyways, I am going to copy your great idea so thank you for the inspiration!

• Margie Oakley

Fantastic idea. I would want to put a page out of one of my favorite books but then I would have to replace the book or I could copy the page and put it back in the book.

• Kathy

Great idea.. love your candles! I am going to definitely do this. Great gift for any book lover!!