Asked on Feb 19, 2020

Can you recommend a good chain saw?

ShellerGrandmasHouseDIYRedcatcec
+11

• Chloe Crabtree

You will have to evaluate what features you want in a chainsaw from those on this website.

• Kathy Gunter Law

I would confirm that Husqvarna is the best overall chain saw unless you are going with a commercial grade saw. We've had ours around 20 years with no issues. We make sure we don't use gas with ethanol and use the recommended oil from the mfg. It's still a 1 pull start.

• Janice

Hi Ashley, I this is a decision only you can make based on the pros and cons listed. Personally, I wouldn't want the one that says it's heavy.

https://sawingpros.com/best-chainsaw-reviews/

• Cynthia H

My daughter's boyfriend works for the forestry department and had to go through extensive training with chainsaws. As he explained to me recently, when we had a fallen tree after a storm, you need to consider what you will be cutting, when you choose a chainsaw. Is it the right length, the right power for what you are cutting? Consider the weight of the chainsaw. He used a gas powered one on our tree after checking how thick, etc. I had offered to buy a smaller one, but, he explained the safety issues of using one that is too short and not powerful enough. He ended up borrowing the right size one, and wore full safety equipment. I watched him clean-up the smaller branches before tackling the heavier pieces so he could have a clear view of what he was cutting. Hope that gives you a little direction!

• Cheryl A

You can decide on the one you want by the safety features, price and then what you will be doing with it. Also you could go to the store that sells the ones listed as top chain saws and check them out for yourself. Good luck

• Cheryl A

I always check the reviews and repair costs for any item like this we are buying

• Morgan McBride

We love our Ryobi brand

Hi Ashley: I like Husqvarna,Makita, and Stihl, in that order. And, gas! Depending on what you're going to be using it for will dictate the length of the chain. Also, there are battery operated ones that are a lot quieter than the gas ones. Also, check to see if it has an anti-vibration system. If you can, check with someone you know who has used one so that you can get some advice on using it. Back snap can be very hazardous and even dangerous, so this is not a tool to use without knowledge, even if it has a short chain length. Safety first! If you can afford them, chainsaw protective pants are great - but expensive. Good luck

• Bevin Kuckridge

EGO battery powered. They make fun of it until they see it cut trees like butter. Keep your chain sharp and out of the dirt and it can't be beat!

• Vimarhonor

We used a poulons since the 1990s. Its a study workhorse, if they still have the same quality and reliability.

• DesertRose

Stihl is the best brand. My dad cut trees and logs all his life (our only heat source was heat plus he built all our fences by hand). He said the Stihl saws were the best and my husband says the same. They are dependable, endurable, and come in a variety of sizes, depending on your need to use. We have two , one for large trees and logs, and a smaller one for trimming bushes etc.

• Redcatcec

We have a Gardenline, bought it at ALDI a few years back, it is electric, small and has held up very well for our purposes. You would have to base a chain saw on your needs and features. I hear Stihl, Husqvarna, & Ryoni are all good from friends who own them.

• GrandmasHouseDIY

Stihl has always been know as being the very best. I got tired of mixing gas etc. and decided to sell my little Stihl and try a battery operated chain saw. Honestly, I am SO impressed with it! Its a 16 inch Greenworks that I purchased on Amazon. Its perfect for cutting up firewood etc.

• Sheller

Use those brand which comfortable for you. You should need to more research before buy a chainsaw. Otherwise you will face the problem after buy.

https://chainsawlab.com/