Asked on Feb 19, 2020

Do you have a preference for a black vs white sewing machine?

VimarhonorJaniceKathy Gunter Law
+7

I have a chance to buy a black sewing machine $200 less than the same one in white? I have never used a black one so I don’t know why I’m skeptical, whats yiur thought on the color of the machine?thanks

• Nan W.

Peggy: Color? ...what difference does it make?? Save $200 and spend it on fabric! HAVE FUN!

• Cheryl A

the $200 savings makes the black one even more beautiful- buy it and enjoy it regardless of the color..

No difference just the color. If you don't mind the color buy it and save.

• Makes no difference to me and i have used black, white, tan and beige. Original Singer's were black. Save the $$$ and use for projects!

• Mogie

The color of the machine makes no difference in the performance. If this was my decision I would buy the black machine and pocket the savings!

• Morgan McBride

I'd think your white thread would show up better! do it!

• Redcatcec

It's like the color of a car, appliance, siding...it really does not matter, just preference. Put the extra money in your pocket or toward a project. They must have an abundance of the black machines and want to sell them off at a better price.

• Kathy Gunter Law

The older ones (pedal type) were all black. I'm thinking it will be no issues. Dust will show up more as a down side but it won't yellow so that's an up side. I would go for it.

• Janice

I'd personally choose the black and never have to worry about the sewing machine "yellowing" over time. $200 can go a long way toward some other happy diy project, but only you can decide if the color difference is going to bother you. The black will function just as well as the white, indeed!

• Vimarhonor

Hello, I would certainly go with the most economical option.

Sounds like great deal.

Happy sewing.