Thrift Store Vases and Planter Project

$20

While shopping at my local Goodwill last week, I spotted this awesome white planter for $3.99. Oh Hello, cute little planter. :-) I quickly scooped it up and bought it.

It is pretty good size at 11 1/2 inches long and 6 inches high. My brain immediately started thinking about what I should do with this cute thing, and what kind of plants to put in it. I already had some faux succulents and some planting foam at home, so figured I'd stick with that to keep my costs down. However, once I started making this I realized I didn't have enough so I did have to purchase some more faux succulents from Michael's. Thankfully they were all 50% off, so I spent less than $20 on 6 different succulents. 

Anyway, to make this arrangement, I just added some floral foam to the container and started placing the greenery in until I was happy with the way it looked.

And ta-daaaaa! Here is the finished product. I put this in our console TV stand. hmmmm…..it looked ok, but needed something more….

…in other words, this lead to another DIY…

Back to the thrift stores I went in search of vases. I wanted a total of 6, and was looking for them to have similar shapes. Luckily I was able to find ALL of these on the same day, at 2 different thrift stores in my area. (One vase I already owned). Thrift stores are full of these items!  Prices ranged from $1-3.

I had a half a can of this spray paint (in white) in my garage, but went ahead and bought another can at Home Depot because I knew I'd probably need it.  (You can also buy it on Amazon.)

First, I cleaned up the vases by wiping them down, and taking off any price stickers. Then, took them outside and spray painted them. I ended up using the 1/2 can I already had and then the entire can that I bought too.

After they dried, I put them back in the console and YES now that looks much better and they blend in nicely with the thrift store planter. 

Funny how sometimes one project leads to another.

The House house

• Kamille Huggins

Very nice. But out of curiosity, did you get your globes at thrift stores as well? I love to travel and by extension anything related to it.

• The House house

I did not find any of the globes on these shelves at thrift stores. They were all purchased at Marshalls or TJ Maxx. I have found globes at my local thrift stores but they are few and far between for me!