Night Stand UPCYCLE DIY

$60

Matching side tables/nightstands are hard to come by without paying a fortune. When your not forking out a bunch of cash, they will probably look like this before picture.... check out my Instagram on this project!!

I love real wood projects but painting laminate was a great alternative. AND you use half the paint then real wood haha. Hope you enjoy!

Here is the BEFORE! These are made of laminate. Very sturdy mini dresser type tables. The PERFECT size for a master bedroom!!

These were such a great upcycle for me to do! I didn’t think they would look as great as they did considering the before picture!

they did have a lot of water damage to the top! So I read a blog post somewhere saying that you could sand out water damage on laminate. So I gave it a shot.

This paint “dune grass” from country chic worked amazing!! The coverage was incredible. This was only 2 Coats!

This is what the laminate looked like after I sanded out the water damage.

Some of the water damage needed levelling out still so I used bondo and sanded it down. And than primer over top of the bondo! It worked great! I was super happy with how bondo helped.

I love bondo because it dries within 30 minutes and your able to keep working after!

i just can’t get enough of how easy using country chic paint it!!

✨✨here is a 10% off PROMO CODE!! : flopornot for 10% off your first order ✨✨ check it out!!

Who loves this colour?! 🙋‍♀️🙋‍♀️

the ya Does are from Home Depot! Cheap. Like 3.80$ a piece.

Let me know what you think of this DIY project!!

• Shelia Caldwell

What primer did you use and did you primer the entire piece before painting?

• Amy SoRelle

The primer can be oil or latex. Depending on how you tolerate smell I would use an oil base Kilz brand or something similar. Apply a thin coat. Wait about 4 hours or so until dry. Sand to a smooth finish. Tack a tack tag which is a sticky rag u can buy at the paint store or area depending f where you go like a Lowes, Home Depot etc.

It will take off all the dust.

Next would be the paint. This. Coats work the best. And lightly sand between coats. Always cleaning the dust.

It better to go thin coats rather than thick that will give you the smoothest finish. As always find some cool hardware. Make sure you measure the width fro hole to hole so you know what to look for.

Hope this helps.

• Kyralee

Ugly ducklings to beautiful swans! I had no idea you could paint that laminate furniture.

• Sandra

Looks great , I had no idea lamented furniture could be redone so well