Rainbow Table Centerpiece

$10

The other day while putting away my daughter’s hair ties and accessories (that were scattered all over the sink like they are every.single.night – sigh), I noticed that her headbands were all bunched together in a pretty way. Which led me to thinking how much it resembled a rainbow. Which led me to imagine how cute it would be surrounded by a bunch of round white clouds. Which led me picturing it sitting all pretty on the dining room table. Which then led me to this project.

I dug out rainbow colored headbands, grabbed a handful of her little teeny tiny black hair ties, a thin wood piece for the base, 2 small corner braces  (same ones I used here), my trusty hot glue gun and I got to craftin’!

First I stacked up the headbands in the order I wanted them to be in (ROY-G-BIV – obvs.)

Next I attached them together with the little tiny hair ties.

After attaching the headbands to the corner braces on each side with more hair ties, using a screw driver and a small screw, I attached the brace bottom to the wood base (just an 8x10 wood craft piece from Hobby Lobby).

Next, for additional stability, I hot glued each corner brace to the interior bottom of the stack of headbands.

Don't worry about how "messy" it looks here. It will be covered in the next step!

Gently pull the headbands apart so they ascend into an arch. Lastly, using different sized white foam and white felt balls, I hot glued them around the base of the braces to create exaggerated, puffy clouds.

Looks adorable from all angles!

Perfect for a Spring tablescape or a kids table at Easter! Heck, I'd love this at my table at Easter!

IG:@perfectlydestressed

FB:@PerfectlyDeStressed

Perfectly DeStressed