Asked on Feb 23, 2020

How do I clean hard water stains out of my toilet bowl?

Kathy Gunter LawBetsyPeggy Burnette
+9

How to get hard water stains put of your toalit bowl?

• Dee

You may have to apply this twice but it has always worked for me. And I clean my entire bathroom with this,

Heat up 1 cup of white vinegar, mix in about 1/4 cup of Dawn Premium. Not the dollar store kind, because it is too thin. When mixed, pour into a spray bottle and fill with water. Shake. Spray down the grout and let it sit overnight. In the morning rinse. If you have stubborn stains, spray again. Use this mixture a few times a week. It will keep your grout and tiles clean. Also works wonders in the toilet bowl to keep hard water stains at bay. Oh you only have to heat the vinegar one time when you add the Dawn.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

CLR is my go to for problems like this. :)

• Beth

I like Lysol's Lime and Rust cleaner for this. I have hard water, too!

• Jeremy Hoffpauir

This works well for removing stains from toilets or sinks: https://amzn.to/2wGe1Nr

Hope this Helps! Jeremy - https://pahjodesigns.com

• Nan W.

Sheila: I like Lime Away. If there are really tough stains, you could use a pumice stone like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Pumice-Cleaning-Stone-Handle-Density/dp/B011HAWZ2W/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=toilet+pumice+stone&qid=1582483241&sr=8-4

• Vimarhonor

Hello! I know all about this frustrating situation. Finding the solution has been wonderful. I hope it works for you

My solution was the pumice stick. This is excellent way to remove stains and rings in the toilet. When commercial toilet cleaners fail -this is my go to. Great for thick crusted calcium mineral build up that the toilet waterbowl collects.

They are found at my local Walmart for less than two dollars -good for multiple uses. Be sure to follow the use instructions, soaking the pumice stone in water for a few minutes. While the stone is soaking, grab your toilet brush and splash water up around the ring.

Note: It’s very important to keep both the stone and the surface wet while cleaning to avoid scratching your porcelain.

I have a septic system so I am more than happy to use a chemical free and easy treatment to get rid of my calcium rings that collect in my toilet bowl. It is economical efficient.

Just buy the pumice stick and a pair of rubber gloves and your problems will be a distant memory

• Peggy Burnette

Hi sheila, this is Peggy. We live on a well and I know what a mess hard water stains are in the toilet. I use iron out (I get it at the supper market or walmart). Smell terrible but it really cleans. I hope this helps you . Good luck

Hi Sheila: What I would try is L.A.'s Awesome Rust, Lime and Calcium remover. You can get this at the Dollar Tree and it's only $1.00:) . Empty the bowl and then apply the product. Let it sit about 15 minutes and then scrub with a toilet bowl brush and rinse. If you still have a bit of a dirty area, try using a magic eraser on it. This should do it for you. Good luck

• Kathy Gunter Law

Lysol Lime & Rust Remover Toilet Bowl cleaner, comes in a black squirt bottle. Scrub with Scrub Daddy or Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. If stubborn, use a scouring stick to scrub.