From Boring to BOHO Coffee Table

$50

This square light oak coffee table is no longer blah and boring.. it is now boho beautiful with paint. Let me share how I achieved this.

Pop over to my blog for more free home decor and furniture tutorials.

Clean project

Step 1 is to always clean your piece really well after sanding any loose finish.

Paint the table

I brushed on Dixie Belle antebellum blue paint over all surfaces.

Add another color

Next was Dixie Belle peacock blue paint randomly brushed all over and blended in.

Add another layer

Then add another layer of the antebellum blue paint and blend some more.

Pick a Stencil

I chose this gorgeous mandala stencil from Cutting Edge stencils. See more projects I have done using mandala stencils including a huge "rug" on my deck.

Using navy paint with added Saltwash for texture, I rolled it over the stencil and walaa!

Clear coat

Seeing it will be used lots a durable clear coat was applied using my favorite technique; a damp sponge in long smooth strokes.

Complete!!

Layers of Teal Coffee Table

Isn't it beautiful and such a fresh cool look? Check out the detailed tutorial link below to see the matching end table and sofa table made over in completely different looks.

The sofa table is in a warm white farmhouse style and the end table a dark charcoal grey cerused oak finish.

Creative Moments

• Leslie

Absolutely beautifully done. Thank you for sharing your process. I rarely like painted furniture but THIS came out wonderfully. I love that the mandala is subtle but is still noticeable..a nice balance. The colors you used were perfect for your setting and blended in well. Goes GREAT with the color of your couch. I must ask you if the pillows on your couch are made from strips of T-shirt fabric. If so I have the same in bright orange, but I love the color of those.

• Creative Moments

Thank you Leslie, I appreciate that.

My pillows are a soft velvet leaf shaped pieces bought from Homesense, I loved the fun comfy essence they bring.

• Debi

Absolutely beautiful! I have a nightstand I would like to do this with a stencil. But,what is saltwash?

• Auntie Em

What is a natural way to get rid of ants? Do you have any suggestions redoing an old cedar chest? Help.