Natural Buffet Table

$250
Advanced

I’ve always wanted to do a natural piece, but knew it was a lot of work. I got a new toy last week, a soda blaster!! It’s the greatest thing ever! !

its hard to believe how gorgeous the wood is under the stain! I’m loving it already!

I forgot to get a proper picture! 😂

i had to take advantage of the weather, it’s been beautiful!

It took a while to get used to using the soda blaster. It comes with a hood, you also have to wear a mask and protective glasses as it flies everywhere and you certainly don’t want to breath that in.

i actually ended up hand sanding because my. Compressor got water in it, I need to buy a gadget for that 😳 I used my orbit hand held sander, then a sand block to smooth it out!

using a fine sand block, I sanded it all down just to smooth it out!, then mixed about a quarter cup of white paint with about two cups of water.

Once I liked the amount of wash, I let it dry, then gave it two coats of polyurethane to seal. I used miniwax semi gloss. You can find it at Home Depot.

I decided to keep the original hardware because it just looked right and I love it!

The natural tones are just gorgeous!

Theres always one piece that I fall in love with and want to keep, but I don’t need it 😞 it’ll be so beautiful in an entryway, dining room ect.. it’ll be available soon at Beachwood Place inside 3 Little Black Birds!

It was definitely a lot of work, I wish I could do it more often. I hope everyone had a great weekend, thanks for stopping by and let me know if you have any questions. Have a great week!

32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
The Cutest Ways to Decorate Your Front Porch for Easter!
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
23 Valentine's Day DIY Ideas That You Don't Want To Miss
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes

• Dianab

never heard of a soda blaster, where does the name come from

• Beachwood Place LLC

We paid around $50 using our coupon from harbor freight. You can buy larger ones which vary in price!

• Gail

So I'm not sure how much came off with the soda blaster versus hand sanding? update please . What would you say about the one you bought and if you would buy a different kind next time?

• Beachwood Place LLC

Hi there, a lot came off, unfortunately I got water in my compressor and had to wait till it dried, I was too excited about getting it done, so I used the sander. I love the soda blaster because it gets into areas that my sander can’t. I definitely love the blaster and will pay more attention next time! I would definitely say the one I bought is excellent! It’s the red one from harbor freight. 20lb Central pneumatic abrasive blaster.

• Vicky Dungan

Gorgeous!! I have an antique sideboard I originally bought from an estate sell. Loved the piece and wanted to use as an island. Was too tall so I cut the legs off. Yes I know I heard it all. But it is the correct height with the legs off and I’m keeping in my home. Attempted to have it painted to match cabinets. It got sanded a lot but the paint still peeled and I bought the same thing that was used in the cabinets. Do you think taking the steps you did would be better?

• Beachwood Place LLC

That would be gorgeous because having a contrast piece would make it more interesting and having it natural will be stunning!