Natural Buffet Table

$250
Advanced

I’ve always wanted to do a natural piece, but knew it was a lot of work. I got a new toy last week, a soda blaster!! It’s the greatest thing ever! !

its hard to believe how gorgeous the wood is under the stain! I’m loving it already!

I forgot to get a proper picture! 😂

i had to take advantage of the weather, it’s been beautiful!

It took a while to get used to using the soda blaster. It comes with a hood, you also have to wear a mask and protective glasses as it flies everywhere and you certainly don’t want to breath that in.

i actually ended up hand sanding because my. Compressor got water in it, I need to buy a gadget for that 😳 I used my orbit hand held sander, then a sand block to smooth it out!

using a fine sand block, I sanded it all down just to smooth it out!, then mixed about a quarter cup of white paint with about two cups of water.

Once I liked the amount of wash, I let it dry, then gave it two coats of polyurethane to seal. I used miniwax semi gloss. You can find it at Home Depot.

I decided to keep the original hardware because it just looked right and I love it!

The natural tones are just gorgeous!

Theres always one piece that I fall in love with and want to keep, but I don’t need it 😞 it’ll be so beautiful in an entryway, dining room ect.. it’ll be available soon at Beachwood Place inside 3 Little Black Birds!

It was definitely a lot of work, I wish I could do it more often. I hope everyone had a great weekend, thanks for stopping by and let me know if you have any questions. Have a great week!

• Dianab

never heard of a soda blaster, where does the name come from

• Beachwood Place LLC

We paid around $50 using our coupon from harbor freight. You can buy larger ones which vary in price!

• Gail

So I'm not sure how much came off with the soda blaster versus hand sanding? update please . What would you say about the one you bought and if you would buy a different kind next time?

• Beachwood Place LLC

Hi there, a lot came off, unfortunately I got water in my compressor and had to wait till it dried, I was too excited about getting it done, so I used the sander. I love the soda blaster because it gets into areas that my sander can’t. I definitely love the blaster and will pay more attention next time! I would definitely say the one I bought is excellent! It’s the red one from harbor freight. 20lb Central pneumatic abrasive blaster.

• Vicky Dungan

Gorgeous!! I have an antique sideboard I originally bought from an estate sell. Loved the piece and wanted to use as an island. Was too tall so I cut the legs off. Yes I know I heard it all. But it is the correct height with the legs off and I’m keeping in my home. Attempted to have it painted to match cabinets. It got sanded a lot but the paint still peeled and I bought the same thing that was used in the cabinets. Do you think taking the steps you did would be better?

• Beachwood Place LLC

That would be gorgeous because having a contrast piece would make it more interesting and having it natural will be stunning!