Eco Homemade Glass/window Cleaner

$1

Lots of people are trying to move away from all the chemicals found in most cleaning products around. I definitely am! I don't want my family to be constantly breathing in nasties when it can be easily avoided. Here is an easy, eco friendly window cleaner :-)

So this is all you'll need (plus boiled water). Distilled white vinegar, a spray bottle, cornflour (this is optional but I do find it gives more of a shine to the finish when it's included) and an essential oil of your choice.

Firstly, fill a small cup/container with the distilled white vinegar. The amounts don't need to be specific. Roughly 1/4 of the spray bottle you're using should be vinegar.

Half fill your bottle with cool boiled water, then add the vinegar (again, measurements don't need to be exact. You can more than half fill the bottle with water if you wish. Just make sure there is enough air space left in the bottle that you can give it all a good shake to combine ingredients at the end).

Next, add your essential oil. I've chosen lemongrass because it's lovely and fresh. Any smell will work fine. This ingredient is optional but hides the vinegar scent well. I added 15 drops to roughly 700ml liquid.

Now,add 1tsp cornflour. As I said, leave this out if you want to or if you don't have any. It adds more of a shine to the finish when cleaning but it's not essential.

Give everything a really good shake to combine all ingredients.

Voila! Done. A lovely, eco friendly window cleaner. Keep reading for before and after of my patio doors...

Before. Excuse the state of the garden. Super high winds around where I live at the moment. Nothing is in its proper place!

After! Clean and shiny :-)

For more eco tips please visit plastic_what_you_preach on instagram :-)

13 DIY Projects That Scream Canada
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
30 Amazing Ways To Organize Your Shoes
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
Transform Tuna Cans Into Gorgeous Lighting In 10 Simple Steps

• Mari Ro

Won't the essential oils leave oily residue on the glass or mirror?

• Debi O'Brien

Mari a true essential oil really has no oil content...it is the essence that has been either distilled or pressed from the plant...you can purchase oils that have been mixed with a carrier oil which indeed leave an oily finish. However a pure essential oil will not. A good way to test it is to put a drop on a cloth and see if it leaves an oil spot.

• Luz

How do you clean mirrors

• Tess

Can cornstarch be used instead of flour ?

• Bari

Nothing, depending on what part of the world you live in. Cornflour is known as cornstarch in the states and a few other places. However, be aware corn flour/starch is white. Where this is also an actual yellow colored that is corn flour that’s used in baking as well. For cleaning though she is referring to the white, fine powdery one!

• Ticia

what are the measurements and what is the boiling water for? Your window looks great; is it streak free? Never mind; just saw what you wrote. Guess I zipped thru reading too quickly. TIA

• Linda

Boil water to get out chemicals like chlorine out plus minerals if you have hard water

• Virginia Elrod

I think I'm going to try this let you know How I like it.