Eco Homemade Glass/window Cleaner

$1

Lots of people are trying to move away from all the chemicals found in most cleaning products around. I definitely am! I don't want my family to be constantly breathing in nasties when it can be easily avoided. Here is an easy, eco friendly window cleaner :-)

So this is all you'll need (plus boiled water). Distilled white vinegar, a spray bottle, cornflour (this is optional but I do find it gives more of a shine to the finish when it's included) and an essential oil of your choice.

Firstly, fill a small cup/container with the distilled white vinegar. The amounts don't need to be specific. Roughly 1/4 of the spray bottle you're using should be vinegar.

Half fill your bottle with cool boiled water, then add the vinegar (again, measurements don't need to be exact. You can more than half fill the bottle with water if you wish. Just make sure there is enough air space left in the bottle that you can give it all a good shake to combine ingredients at the end).

Next, add your essential oil. I've chosen lemongrass because it's lovely and fresh. Any smell will work fine. This ingredient is optional but hides the vinegar scent well. I added 15 drops to roughly 700ml liquid.

Now,add 1tsp cornflour. As I said, leave this out if you want to or if you don't have any. It adds more of a shine to the finish when cleaning but it's not essential.

Give everything a really good shake to combine all ingredients.

Voila! Done. A lovely, eco friendly window cleaner. Keep reading for before and after of my patio doors...

Before. Excuse the state of the garden. Super high winds around where I live at the moment. Nothing is in its proper place!

After! Clean and shiny :-)

For more eco tips please visit plastic_what_you_preach on instagram :-)

• Ticia

what are the measurements and what is the boiling water for? Your window looks great; is it streak free? Never mind; just saw what you wrote. Guess I zipped thru reading too quickly. TIA

• Virginia Elrod

I think I'm going to try this let you know How I like it.