Native American Driftwood Decor

$5

Hey everyone! Do you want an easy craft that takes no time at all? One that all the family can enjoy?

Then this one is for you!

I love collecting beautiful pieces of driftwood and turning them into unique home decor. Bringing the outside, in, and making it your own.

For this project, turn some driftwood sticks into eye-catching Native America style pieces, perfect to brighten-up any room.

What you’ll need:

• Driftwood
  • Crimps
  • Feathers
  • Beads
  • Twine
  • Paint

STEP ONE - PAINT

Paint some interesting and striking patterns on your driftwood sticks. I opted for stripes, zigzags and dots in contrasting colours. Try not to over complicate your design as the simpler the better.

I also find keeping the range of colours you use to a minimum is best for achieving a cohesive look but ultimately it’s up to you and just do what makes you happy!

The room I wanted to place my sticks in has a bright blue accent colour so I decided to add bright blue as my accent paint colour, again, to help tie everything together. Maybe use this as a tip for what colours you use in your scheme.

STEP TWO - DECORATE

I wrapped 2 lots of twine around the top of my fatter driftwood stick and tied them in place. When cutting the twine, I left enough of the tied ends behind and then threaded on some beads. Still not finished, I then tied on my crimps at the end.

I then lined up some feather ends and crimped them together in place in each of the 2 crimps at the ends of my twine. I bought feathers that included some bright blue ones as well as some natural coloured ones to go with my theme.

I liked how my sticks looked at this stage so stopped there but there’s so much more embellishing opportunities to be had if so desired. Mini dreamcatchers, gems, charms, whatever you like!

DONE

And that’s literally it. How easy right? And so cheap! Such an easy way to accent any room and to make use of things you may have been collecting and not known quite what to do with.

I hope you have a go and enjoy doing so.

Please check out my YouTube channel for lots of fun crafty videos and also take a look at my Instagram for more arty inspo!

Happy crafting x

15 Awesome Projects To Get You Ready For St. Patrick's Day
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Everything Red For Canada Day
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
15 Memorial Day Crafts
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
12 Container Garden Ideas to Kick Off Spring
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before

• Mary

Going to try this. I live 12 miles from Lake Superior and it has a wealth of driftwood. Thank you

• Diana Cotton

Wow! How simple. My living room is Native Indian themed. 5yr old grandson is going to love making this. Thank You