Spring Color Palette for the Home and a Project!

$50

Hi, I'm Cynthia Nessel at Create WIth Cynthia and today I'm going to show you a project I recently created that reminds me of Spring. I know it's only February, but aren't we all itching for Spring? This project adds the perfect Spring Color Palette to my home.I decorate my home with lots of whites, creams and neutrals and I love adding in a pop of color. This project really brightens up my home and gives it a look of Spring.
Do you incorporate a Spring Color Palette in your Home? Are you looking to give your home a pop of colors resembling Spring? Do you like to decorate your home with colors or do you prefer whites, creams and neutrals? Leave a comment and let me know.For me, I find that decorating with a neutral color palette allows other areas and items in your home to pop, especially when they are colorful. This project is so colorful and really stands out.
Now let's get into my newest Spring Project - "Botanist Journal on a Mirror!" The tutorial on this project is at the end of the post. All of the products you need can be purchased at CreateWithCynthiaShop.com Materials needed for the "Botantist Journal on a Mirror!"
  • Mirror - here is a link to one on Amazon
  • Botantist Journal Decor Transfer from Iron Orchid Designs
  • Paint from DIY Paint, unless your mirror is already painted the way you want it.
Instructions for creating the "Botanist Journal on a Mirror!"Step one: Find a mirror the size of your decor transfer.
Step two: Cover the mirror and paint the frame if needed.
Step three: Clean the mirror.
Step four: Choose a Decor Transfer that fits the mirror. If needed cut the Decor Transfer into pieces.
Step five: Remove Decor Transfer from packaging. The Decor Transfer comes on a white backing.
Step six:: Hold the Decor Transfer in place while you remove the backing. The Decor Transfer is very sticky so once it touches the mirror, it will stick. Be sure your position is correct before you remove the backing.
Step seven: Use Frog Tape to hold the Decor Transfer into place.
Step eight: Using scrapper provided, scrap transfer onto mirror.
It might take long but it's worth the effort!
Step nine: Once the whole Decor Transfer has come off the backing and onto the mirror, remove the top plastic cover.
Be patient, removing the Decor Transfer takes a long time, especially on of this size.
Step ten: Use a soft cloth to burnish the transfer on the mirror.
Step eleven: When complete, hang your mirror on the wall and enjoy. Tip: For cleaning your mirror, only use a soft cloth to clean the mirror. Do not use chemicals as they will destroy the transfer.
Subscribe to my You Tube channel to be notified when the video posts.I hope you'll try recreate this project, "Botanist Journal on a Mirror," and if you do, make sure to post a photo on Instagram and/or Facebook and tag me. I'd love to see what you create. You can shop online at CreateWithCynthiaShop.com for a huge selection of Iron Orchid Design products and Paint.
I hope I've inspired you to add a little Spring Color to your Home!Cynthia

Create With Cynthia

• RC Leach

Your mirror looks great, and I might try it! My question is about the walls that the mirror was displayed on. I love the way you have "faded" from one color or hue, to another. I have often thought of doing that, but I have never been able to think of any way to really fade out and fade in, without overlap, and the resulting mixing of color. How did you manage to do it?

• Create With Cynthia

You can read my blog post and watch the video by going here: Http://www.createwithcynthia.com/creating-a-feature-wall-in-my-home/

i’d love to hear your thoughts and if you need more help you can message me again.

I think the paint type is important. The paint I used DIY paint, allowed me to manipulate it to get the effect I wanted. I layered the paint on and blended a little bit and let it dry in between coats so that it did not blend too much!