Asked on Feb 25, 2020

Do you take DIY ideas off neighbours? If so, which did you like?

Becky at Flipping the FlipJeremy HoffpauirChristina Faye Repurposed
+11

• Scarlet Paolicchi

Sure I see cool projects people have done and sometimes I try them myself. One of my neighbor has a cool pallet flag similar to this https://familyfocusblog.com/diy-4th-of-july-bunting-american-wooden-flag/ . Another neighbor painted their front door a bright new color and I am considering trying that.

• Annie

A neighbour made a neat looking heart out of barbed wire. We had some old rusty stuff so I made a star from it. It looks old and rustic, we like it.

https://countrylivinginacariboovalley.com/how-to-make-a-barbed-wire-star-farmhouse-decor/

I would love to make a huge initial from the barbed wire to hang at our house entry!

• Tinyshoes

Stephen...I love to see other peoples DIYs but I am about the only person in a small area of our subdivision that does outside decorations. I enjoy driving through subdivisions/neighborhoods just to see what they do have. It's fun plus you can really get some great ideas. Have fun

• Kathy Gunter Law

Most of the time, I get my ideas from friends & family. My neighbors aren't usually very impressive. However, I did have a lady that lived a few blocks away that painted all her flower pots annually. I stopped one day and talked to her, asking her what kind of paint she used because she would do it around Feb-Mar and they would still look great when she brought them in for the winter.

• Lucky Home Today

I'll get inspriation from my neighbors, but I'll also change/adapt it to my own version.

• Nan W.

Stephen: I love "taking" neighbors ideas... and they "take" mine! ...That's why it's called a NEIGHBORhood!

• My neighborhood is filled with "point and pay" people. They do NOTHING themselves, so unlike when I grew up. They borrow ideas from me, which is cool, but they go to the store an purchase rather than get their hands dirty . . .

• Beth

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery! I'd love to copy my neighbors' solar panels, but that's probably a project for another day.

Hi Stephen: Not only neighbours, but I go on Google Maps, do to different states and countries and wander up and down their streets and see what those folks have done to their yards :) Yeah, a virtual peeping tom:) I've been to so many states and countries from the comfort of my home and say to myself "Boy, am I glad I didn't spend the money to go there!" :) Check the 7 Wonders of the World :) But, anyway, there are so many different things that people have put in their yards from different states and countries that are so neat. Give it a try! You'll be surprised :) Good luck

• Mogie

Don't borrow ideas from neighbors. Not a very creative group where I live. Most folks around here just don't care.

• Holly Lengner - Lost Mom

I am inspired by things everywhere I go, but usually try to put my own twist on stuff.

• Christina Faye Repurposed

I may use their ideas as inspiration, but would create my own style!

• Jeremy Hoffpauir

Could you clarify which DIY ideas?

• Off neighbors? Sure, inspiration can come from anywhere but ideally adapt the idea to fit your needs or specific situation.