Stenciled Front Porch

$100

I’ve been seeing these stenciled tile projects all over the internet and always love how they turned out, I would always say I wished I had tile to stencil just to do this project. However, our tile is fairly new and is a neutral gray which I like since it matches. So I came up with the idea to stencil my front porch instead. I’m so happy I did because it’s brought so much more character to my porch. I felt this was a easy project anyone could accomplish in a weekend. Follow me on Instagram to see more of my DIY

Up close view of the stencil design

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

I used 4 coats total of Valspar porch and floor paint in white, allow each layer to dry completely before adding another

I used a 16x16 stencil from Stencil Revolution and started in the center. I used the valspar paint in flannel gray and a skinny roller to apply the paint to the stencil. When working with stencils the saying less is more is best. If you over saturate your roller the paint will bleed through

After I finished the center stencil, I went back and forth on each side to finish.

Once I finished I sealed it with polycrylic

Melissa Lopes

• Penny Mueller

What does the sign say

• Renetta

I was going to list it for them also. But you beat me to it. God. Bless you and stay safe during Covid-19.

• Jamie Ferguson Daniels

I have done this before... but it wasn't long before it scuffed off and just looked like a mess... can it be painted over with something that keeps it from coming off?

• Flipturn

Do you live where the temperature drops below freezing in the winter, and do you get snow? 'Just wondering how the design/finish holds up under these weather conditions.

• Kathy Mason

Does the painted porch get slippery when it’s wet?

• Flipturn

The pattern is certainly prettier than the old plain concrete.

Have you ever thought about maybe painting out the multi-coloured reddish brick with the same grey color? I think that if the brick wasn't so patterned, it wouldn't compete with the stencil design. The grey brick would look updated, and would create a more coordinated look for the front of the house.