How to Make a $5 Blanket Ladder!

$5

Quick. Easy. Inexpensive. Beautiful. This DIY home decor project is everything we all love! The best part is the price tag. Even if you mess it up, it only cost $5! All my DIY projects are located here if you want to explore others: http://www.thehandcraftedhaven.com

Step 1: Cut boards to the right sizes. Use a miter saw to cut two 2x4s down to 65" long. Cut the ends at a 7 degree angle. Cut a 1x4 into 4 pieces, each 16" long.

Step 2: Sand any rough spots on the boards and then remove any sawdust using a tack cloth. This doesn't have to be perfect. You just need to make sure that you won't get a sliver when handling the wood.

Step 3: Stain all the boards. I chose to use Varathane Special Walnut wood stain.

Step 4: Position the rungs of the ladder, clamping it and nailing it all together as you go. The bottom rung should be 16" from the bottom of the ladder. Each subsequent rung should be 12" from the rung below it. Clamps can help keep it all together as you nail the side boards to the rungs.

Step 5: Tape off and paint the bottom of the legs of the ladder using Rust-Oleum Ultra Matte Linen White Chalked Paint. You can position your painter's tape wherever you would like based on your personal preference. I placed it about 2 inches from the bottom rung of the ladder. Then I painted the bottom of the legs with chalk paint.

How simple was that?! You've got to try it. I'd love to hear if you do. Tag me on Instagram (@the_handcrafted_haven) if you try this out!

Want to see another really inexpensive and easy DIY home decor project? Head over here: http://www.thehandcraftedhaven.com/diy-embroidery-hoop-wall-decor/

3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
14 DIY Must-Haves For All Camping Trips
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
26 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You REALLY Excited for Christmas
Mary @ The Handcrafted Haven

• Sonia Schmidt

Why paint the bottom?

• Jacx

I think it was give it a custom feel, rather than just the look of being purchased at a store. A little bit of " bling" on the scene!

• Debbie Wood

How do you figure out a 7 degree angle?

• I used a miter saw so there are angles written on there that you set it to. If you don't have a miter saw, you can just cut it straight rather than at a 7 degree angle. Some people do that for blanket ladders and it works perfectly fine!