An Useless Corner Turned Into Beautiful Boy's Office

$150

This little corner was a useless spot in our home. When I gave a room makeover to my boy's bedroom, I decided to go ahead and give him a beautiful little home office for his homework and study. His bedroom is not that large, and there was one corner was totally out of use. So, I decide to make it his office.

You can see the "before" picture. Pretty darn boring! The only problem was that I couldn't fit any store-bought table in there so I had build my own for this, and here is the link if you would like to check out my DIY Computer Desk.

The steps we took to turn this boring spot into a really nice looking home office are as below:

Step: Clear The Space Out

First thing first, we took everything out of the room. I will post a nitty-gritty detail of the room as well, but right now let's talk about the office. Once we cleared the whole room, it gave me a clear idea about what goes where.

Clean slate, right? I kinda didn't like the very empty and kinda clean look. I wanted to give some texture. So, I decided to go with painting the room (separate post I will do about it as it's a lengthy process). I went a little farther after the paint and I thought "I'm gonna put shiplaps in there".

Step Two: Add Visual Height

With shiplaps (a labor of love), we added visual height and made this tiny corner look spacious. I will also post here how I did shiplaps so cheap, like just for $60.

Yes, my brain really works when it comes to budget projects!

Here you go with the shiplaps. The picture is not doing it justice. It is looking really nice!

Step Three: Place Your furniture

Here you go, so beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! Well, I just went little nuts with it!!.. I was just happy.

Step Four, Accessorize it

Just make it pretty but don't put way too much stuff in a cozy home office nook.

All of it is from garage sales. I was so happy to see the results. I couldn't believe that it was the same nook!

Here is the video where I am giving you a tour of the room. However, I will also post all the detail about the room as well with my room makeover blog post. I hope you guys like it.

Thank You To My Readers:

Thank you so much for all your support and love for my previous posts, it give me courage to do more. Otherwise, with my full time job, plus kids, the blog is not easy to manage. I love my readers. I am also very thankful to Hometalk to recognize my work.

Bushra

• Jacquelyne May

You added 2 electrical outlets.

did you do that yourself?

• Bushra

Hi Jacquelyne, No, the outlets were already there. Hence I wanted to made that little area as an office nook.

• Lisa West

What an adorable office. So super love it. The coca cola sign where did you get it? My fiance is a coca cola fan. He has the train signs even the original bottle from back when the company first came out. I have been picking up the glasses as well. Coca cola has alot ar really beautiful vintage items. He has 2 blankets as well. One with the polar bears for Christmas season and a regular blanket. They are both a this type of fleece. They are surprisingly warm to. Beach towel etc. He wants to set up the kitchen with the cola theme. I wasnt thrilled about it at first. Lol. Amy way this off is is super cute. The whole bed room is really cute. I love tue color scheme to. You did a great job. Dont let any one tell you any different either. Thank you for sharing. Keep these room make overs coming please.

• Bushra

Awe, Lisa that is so nice of you. Such heart warming comments. I bought this sign from Walgreen. Here is one I found on Amazon https://amzn.to/2v9kBf0

Thank you so much again for all the encouragement.

• Em

Is this a boy's bedroom?

• Bushra

There is nothing wrong with the welcome pillows. My brother was coming to visit us who was going to share the room with him so it was a little welcome to him to make it feel home. I hope it helps.