Trash to Treasure End Tables

$25

If you’ve been following me at all, then you know my husband has found some pretty good things at the curb waiting for the garbage trucks. Like this Trash to Treasure End Table, This Bench, and some nice Wicker Chairs! I, however, never have much luck in this department. That is until a few weeks ago when I spotted THESE!

I drove by them but didn't have time to stop. I texted my husband to please go check them out. He texted me back about 20 minutes later to say, 'got 'em. good score'. Yaaaa! What a good husband.

Check out these Trash to Treasure End Tables…

As you can see, the tables were really nice and in great condition, but had no tops.  However, I knew I could come up with something to fix that. First, I checked Home Depot for tabletops, but they didn’t have the size I wanted. Then, I checked Amazon, and Yup, of course they had the perfect size. I ordered only one, just to make sure it fit and looked good. Happily it did (so I ordered 2 more).

Now…..what to do with these cute little things? Since I only had one complete table, I started by playing around with that one figuring once I perfected that one, and the other tops arrived, I’d just copy what I did to the other 2 (or maybe even do something different with the other 2).

Here is what I came up with.

Step 1 in Trash to Treasure End Tables, Paint…

My first step in bringing these tables from trash to treasure was to paint, of course. I had some Sherwin Williams paint in the color Naval left over from another project, so I used that. It looked great. I just love this color.

Step 2, Gold Dipping…

Once I was done painting I decided to do a little gold dipping. I’ve been seeing this technique on furniture pieces in the stores and online and thought I’d try it out. I took a trip to Lowes and picked up a can of this gold spray paint.

To achieve the effect I was looking for, first, I flipped the table over, and then I used some left over grocery bags and tape to mark off where I wanted to paint, not worrying about doing exact measurements.  The bags protected the part of the leg I didn’t want to paint. Like this…

Then, I spray painted, until all the navy was covered up (approximately 2 coats).

Step 3, Painting the Top and Sealing the Piece…

Now, to address the top. At first, I painted the top navy. It looked okay. On the other hand, I thought it might look better gold instead, so I gave it a try. Yes, I liked that much better!

The last step was to seal the piece. I always use Minwax Polycrylic Protective Finish to seal my furniture makeovers, applying at least 2 coats to protect the finish. It is water based, dries fast, and doesn’t yellow.

My husband attached the top for me, and it was done! Pretty simple project and looks really pretty. Most importantly, it is a nice save from the landfill!

Here is how it looks styled in my home. Cute, right? Doesn’t it kinda look like these elegant, fancy legs are wearing elegant, fancy boots? This table is ready to part-tay!

Check my blog for lots more DIY and furniture makeovers

29 Ways To Get A Splash Of Blue In Your House
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
These Amazing Vase Ideas Will Blow Your Guests Away!
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
17 Benches You Can Build This Summer
31 Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
The House house

• Shannon

Did you use the same measurements on all four legs for the gold paint or are the legs in back different?