Closet Door Refresh

$75

I was feeling like my closet doors needed an update, but I did not want to spend any money giving them an update. So I decided to paint the doors & update the hardware. I managed to do this project without spending any additional money as I only used products I had on hand.

Before picture! We bought all of our closet doors second hand when we moved into our home.. but it was time these doors got a makeover!

You can see here the discolouration between doors. - To paint the doors I used a small paint brush for the rectangle areas as I find a brush gets into all of the difficult areas. I then used a small roller to paint the rest of the doors.

This is after the first coat of paint. I decided to mix my own paint as I did not have grey paint on hand. I also learned a lesson by doing this... I would not recommend using three different colours of paint to make your own unless you originally mix enough paint for your whole project. I ran into an issue with colour variations as I did not originally mix enough paint. Second time around I decided to only use Rust-Oleum Chalk paint in linen white and Beauty Tone interior black paint to make my desired grey colour (I also made enough + had left over).

I also decided to give the trim a makeover as it badly needed it! So I filled the any holes with a wood filler. I then sanded down the excess after it dried with 120 grit sand paper. I then used white paint and gave the trim two coats of paint.

I then finished off the look with new hardware I had laying around. I wanted something different than the normal knobs that are generally on closet doors. So I decided to go with these pulls. I didn’t bother covering all of the previous holes as the new hardware covered them up. I just had to drill a few new holes.

This is the finished project & I couldn’t be happier with how it turned out. It definitely gave this space a fresh new look!

Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
30 Neat Ideas To Upgrade Your Backyard
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers

• Carmela

I noticed you have the same bedroom furniture as me. (Saw the night stand) Did you also paint them? If so what kind of paint and sealer did you use? I did mine 2 years ago sanding every nic and cranny but it's wearing off and the polyurethane turned the white paint yellow.

• Suzanne

YesYesYes ~ Loving that for the closets esp when you really need to paint room & really unable to. But my bdrm is a green color, yucky, donno what color i would choose, or as you did mix up paint colors!! but not nobs or handles ‘laying around’ But Like this a lot & looks awesome!!

• Skilled Thrifty Creatives

Beautiful, fresh new look!