Home Made Eco Air Freshener

$0

I LOVE air fresheners! I have a house full of pets and I'm always worried that guests/friends/family will think my house smells bad. I have always been plug in mad. However, they're really awful for our health! I'm trying to move away from chemicals and nasties in my home, so here is a suuuuper simple eco DIY alternative. It literally couldn't be easier!

This is literally all you'll need for this one. A small spray bottle (you can use a big one if you like but I find a small one is nice because I get through it a bit quicker and I can make a different smell next time), an essential oil of your choice, and some cool, boiled water. That's it!

First, almost fill your spray bottle with the boiled water. Make sure you don't fill it RIGHT to the top as you need space for your oil and for shaking!

Next, add your essential oil. I've chosen orange this time as I think it's lovely and fresh. I also love to make this with grapefruit, lemon and peppermint. Personal taste will vary so make yours based on what you love the smell of. I added 10 drops to this small bottle, so you'll want to add more or less depending on your bottle size. Also you could add more/less to get a stronger or more subtle smell. This is what I love about DIY products- you can play about with them to make it perfect for you!

Once you've added your oil, it'll settle like this at the top. Now for shaking :-)

And there you have it! No more than a couple of minutes to make your very own natural, eco friendly air freshener! Spray a few times into the air whenever you want to freshen up an area of your home. Make sure you shake before each use as the oil and water will separate when left standing. Enjoy! Let me know if you try a smell you love!

• Ada Saucedo

What about dogs? What shouldn't I use around my fur baby?

Thanks!

• Debbie

You can google it. Young Living oils are the best! 😊

• Debbie

I have already done this project with lavender oil! Love it! Quality lavender doesn't hurt pets at all. I use Young Living oils, they're the best quality. From Seed to Seal without any pesticides or chemicals what so ever! They hand weed and you can visit any of their farms at anytime for a tour! A lot of other oil that are supposed to be pure and therapeutic, the people who sell them have no idea where they come from or where their farms are! Some of the Young Living oils are also made to be invested. Like their lemon, orange, citrus fresh, thieves and many others! 😊

• Debbie

That's supposed to say ingested! Auto correct!