Welcome Wall Planter Sign

$20

Here's a fun little project that will brighten up your front door for Spring. It's my favorite kind of project: easy and doesn't cost much to make!

For this project I used a 11x18 inch pine board (you can have a longer board cut for free at Lowe's and Home Depot), a metal planter from the Dollar Tree, artificial flowers, and a Welcome printout for tracing.

I made a template for you to print out at home. Just save the above “Welcome” to your photos or computer and print out.

I used a mixture of dark and light gray acrylic craft paint and did a quick sweep over my board; using the different shades gives your board some depth.

On the reverse side of your Welcome sheet rub white chalk everywhere there is lettering.

Place your template onto your board. Using a ball point pen trace over the letters.

This is the neat part, when you remove the paper the "welcome" will be written in chalk on your board.

Using white acrylic paint and a small paint brush go over the chalk letters. Don't worry if there is chalk dust on the board, you can wipe it off after the paint has dried.

I did a light coat of white paint on the metal container, using a paper towel I lightly wiped off the paint on the lettering to make it pop. Leaving it metal would look great too!

Now it's time to attach the container to the board. I used a generous amount of hot glue and held it in place while the glue cooled to make a strong bond.

I added a piece of nautical rope across the top of the container to add a little detail.

Using a staple gun I attached a small piece of nautical rope on the back to make a hanger.

Next, I arranged my flowers in the container.

Now it's ready to welcome my guests at my front door.

For more simple and fun projects check out my blog!

To see more: https://cottageonbunkerhill.com/