Vintage Tart Tin Wreath

$5

I finally found a beautiful use for my vintage tart/Jello tin collection!

The first thing I did was lay my tins out in a pleasing pattern. I flipped some of them upside down so that they would fit a bit tighter next to the others.

@Sugru had gifted me with some of their amazing flexible glue, so I decided to use this to hold the tins together.

The gray color was perfect, and I just used little pieces to hold the tins in shape, pressing them together.

The grea thing about Sugru is that it does not dry right away, so I had a lot of flexibility when putting the wreath together. I let it dry for 24 hours.

I decided it needed a bit more stability, so I cut a piece of cardboard for the back. I just traced a dinner plate, cut it out, and then traced a smaller plate for the cut out on the inside.

I hot glued the wreath to the cardboard, and then hot glued Spanish moss to fill in the cracks. You could also add smaller tart tins at this point, buttons, keys.... or whatever!

I hung the finished wreath with a piece of ripped drop cloth fabric.

For Valentine's day, I tucked a little paper heart inside! I wasn't able to load the full photo here on Hometalk for some reason, but you can see more of how I styled this wreath by visiting me on Instagram @jagcagdesign or on Facebook - www.facebook.com/jagcagdesign. Thanks for reading this, be sure to share a photo if you make one! Xo, Jamey