DIY Accent Wall

$150

If you're looking for an easy DIY accent wall that has a large impact and offers functionality, this project is for you!

Watch a full video tutorial HERE. And for more DIY project inspiration check out my Instagram account! Let's get started!

Materials

After making sure your board is cut to the correct length, you'll need to stain it. I used a color called Aged Wheat. I ended up using a sponge applicator brush and an old rag to wipe off the excess.

Next, decide where you will want to start with your accent paint color on the wall and start painting. Remember to give your paint a good stir! I used a color called Petrol Blue by Dutch Boy. I use an angled brush for precision. I'd suggest removing outlet covers prior to painting because it's the easiest way to make sure you're actually precise. I used a roller for the majority of the wall.

Once your accent color is on the wall you need to find your studs. Mark where they are so you can screw into them when attaching your board to the wall. You'll also need to make sure you use a level to ensure that your board is straight. We used four screws to attach our 83 inch board.

Next, use either a tape measure or level to help you mark where your hooks will go. We ended up using five of our six hooks. The hooks came with the hardware we needed to attach them. That's it! Low cost, huge impact, and lots of added functionality. I hope you enjoy this project as much as we did!

15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Upgrade Your Backyard With These 30 Clever Ideas
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
How A Little Bit Of Glitter Can Go A Long Way!
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
3 Brilliant Ideas How to Use Photo Frames
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Old License Plates Lying Around? Check Out These 28 Snazzy Decor Ideas
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles