Foot Stool Upcycle

$25

I had a old and worn foot stool sitting in my garden for ages and was just about to throw it in the trash when I got this idea...

The stool had seen better days, serving many purposes, from painters stool to garden tabel...

I started with removing the seat and sanding the stool with a sanding machine

I gave the stool two coats of paint and twisted the first section of the leather cord around the top of the stool

I twisted five sections of leather cords around the stool seat

I then twisted two sections of leather cord in the opposite direction.I also filled the holes from the old seat, as I could have done before I started the weaving with the leather cords.

To make the stool xtra solid and to make it a bit more interesting using mixed materials, I braided cotton rope in mid section of the seat

The stool is now serving as a side table in my livingroom. I love it when furniture that really belongs in the trash, get new life and new function

30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants
3 Easy Ways To Upgrade Your Pillows To A High End Look
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
31 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Do Your Kitchen Cabinets Need an Update?
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
Lena

• Loretta

This is a great idea. I have some old chairs I wanted to update and have been stressing about what to do in place of the broken cane bottoms. I’m going to try a version of this. Thank you.

• Benita Berry

Flippin good flip !!!! - love it - who would have thought that this could turn out so amazing.