Upcycle A Chair To A Bathroom Stool

$20

I had a little kid sized chair I had bought off marketplace for only $5AUD, but due to it’s smaller size, it had no real purpose other than being cute for dolls to sit on in my daughter’s room. So I decided to give it some purpose and turn it into a side table/stool.

BEFORE

In order to use it as a small table, I needed to make a new top for it. So I unscrewed the seat and then measured the chair to determine what size I needed to make the new top.

Measuring the top

Once I had my measurements I then grabbed some pine boards (I had some leftover from a previous project), and I glued them side by side with some wood glue and then wiped away the access glue, and left to dry.

Glueing the base together
Wiping away access glue.

Next I used a compass tool to draw a circle onto my wood, using my previous measurements of the chair.

I then used a jigsaw to cut out the circle. I didn’t worry about being too perfect as I would fix it up and smooth it out later with the sander.

Cutting out the base.

Next, I clamped my base to the bench and sanded the edges, unclamping, repositioning, then reclamping as I went.

Sanding the edges.

Once I finished sanding, I then applied a coat of beeswax polish with an old rag.

Then it was ready to be attached to the chair frame. I just used the same screw from the old base and screwed it into the new one. 👍🏻

Attaching to chair frame.

And it was done! 👍🏻

It can be used for multiple purposes now; a plant stand or a side table, but I decided to freshen up the kids bathroom with it and use it as a bathroom stool next to the bath. 👌🏻

For more of my DIY projects, please checkout my Instagram page. Www.instagram.com/_prettyliving

Bathroom BEFORE

Bathroom AFTER

To see more: //www.instagram.com/_prettyliving

• Aimee

What a great idea. Looks so good!

• Marjorie Dozier

This all looks great, but if you really look at the back of the chair it looks like a hand, finger tips partially folded down and the center which would be your middle finger sticking straight up, just saying! Thank you!!

• Marjorie Dozier

Yes it can look like feathers, but I just hope know one else see what I see, maybe putting vines around it and some flowers, it would look nice and also hide it! Thanks for the feed back!