Asked on Mar 2, 2020

How do I make painted walls look fresh?

Jessica Welling InteriorsMorgan McBrideNaomie Moore aka baileyanddaisey, Castaic CA
+11

How to make painted walls look fresh

• Scarlet Paolicchi
    Scarlet Paolicchi

A fresh coat of paint is best but otherwise a magic eraser cleaning pad can help get spots off of painted walls.

• Gk
    Gk

I agree with Scarlet that a fresh coat of paint will freshen up your walls. If that is not an option then a good cleaning and rearranging some wall decor to give things a new look might be what you are looking for!

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com
    FrugalFamilyTimes.com

What is the trouble you’re having?

• If you're looking for a new look for the wall, you could stencil it.

• Kelli L. Milligan
    Kelli L. Milligan

Usually washing wall just dull and streak. A fresh coat of paint goes a long way.

• Nan W.
    Nan W.

Carole: I was recently prepping my condo for sale... I used a Magic Eraser to get some scuffs off of a hallway wall. However, when I stepped back, I could see that those places were brighter than the rest of the wall! ...so a used a few more Erasers and washed the walls -- floor to ceiling. Looks great!

• Touching up and cleaning the walls will certainly help. I use a Magic Eraser or sometimes TSP substitute powder mixed in a spray bottle with water and a rag to clean things up.

• Dee
    Dee

I use a swiffer dust mop on my walls. I have pets and it gets all the hair off. I use a magic eraser on the baseboards.

I would not wash the walls, they will streak. Go ahead and paint you will love the results.

• Cynthia H
    Cynthia H

If painting isn't an option right now, start by removing the artwork. Then do a thorough dusting on the wall. Clean any spots gently with a damp microfiber cloth. Magic eraser is the second thing I try, since it may remove paint if you aren't careful. Rethink the decorations on the wall. Rearrange, swap out, change the frames or look of the frames. I just moved family photos from one wall to another, swapping them with some small paintings. Fresh look with minimal effort. I use mainly Command strips for hanging things on my walls, so I didn't have any holes to fill or hardware to move or replace. Sometimes an accent wall is a less stressful alternative to painting an entire room. Good luck!

• TheHoneycombHome
    TheHoneycombHome

Clean them with a Mr. Clean magic eraser, those work great!! https://rstyle.me/+BNHUQQct48pKp9nbrjPp7w

• Wash them. I use an industrial size swiffer type mop with a vinegar water solution. I don't have time for using a teeny tiny magic eraser since most of my walls get washed once a month. No I am not a germophobe, but have a lot of pets including a canary that likes to spit. Quick and easy is my motto!

• Morgan McBride
    Morgan McBride

a fresh coat of paint. or clean with a sponge and soapy water.

• Jessica Welling Interiors
    Jessica Welling Interiors

A coat of white paint is great! I'm painting a lot of walls white these days- both in my own house and for clients.