Spring Doilies Dyed With Food Coloring

$5

I had some doilies that I was trying to decide what to do with. I used food coloring and vinegar to dye them to create beautiful, versatile, and fun spring decor for my home.

You can see more of my crazy creations here

I used 4 bowls, filled them with water, and added a different food color to each bowl.

I added a little white vinegar (about 1 tablespoon) into each bowl and stirred up the mixture.

I added a doily into each bowl and let it soak for at least 30 minutes.

I dumped out the water, and rung out the fabric. If you wanted you could save the water and dye more doilies or other fabric. I made sure to use rubber gloves so I wouldn't dye my hands.

I hung up the doilies to dry outside.

These were polyester doilies so the dye didn't take as strongly as they would with cotton. After drying you can see they are lighter in color than before, but still very spring.

You can set them up as a table runner for spring - even make more if you like.

You can also use them as placemats if you have larger doilies.

I would love to have you stop by my blog   Chas' Crazy Creations  for the full tutorial as well as sign up for my latest creations, posts, recipes, exclusives, and more...

I would love for you to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more of my crazy creations - https://www.youtube.com/c/chascrazycreations

Chas' Crazy Creations

• GMS

what happens is your were to wash them later on if something got spilled on them, would the color wash out on to other clothing in machines? I love doilies so i do want to try this

• Anniebs

It would be cool to use these as ruffled bases for votives or figurines. Alenes used to sell a stiffener for fabric that I think was called porcelain medium. After dying doilies use stiffener to shape them and dry. I bet it would permanently seal in the colors.