Kitchen Cabinets to Tv Console #spring2020refresh

$5

My living room area was just boring and looked thrown together. Since it’s my vacation home I have to lock Up my Wi-Fi components and security components it made it hard to look good.

I had cords hanging I was trying to cover.

Boring

I had to mount a box up on the wall and put holes in the back to run all the Wi-Fi modem wires and the security camera modem wires which needed to be locked up. So it looked just thrown together.

The people who had just purchased the house next-door were tearing out their cabinets

The people who had just purchased the house next-door were tearing out their cabinets. I asked him if I could take them for my shed. But once I start taking a look at them they were awfully pretty and they just would get beat up in the shed.

The neighbors Remove them

The neighbor Remove them because they said they were disgusting. And let me tell you there was a lot of buildup on the fronts inside and the top of them. It probably took me more time to scrape off the grease and scrub them clean.

I clean them up and brought them inside

All cleaned up

Yes I got them inside I realize they were nice maple cabinets and would be a perfect TV Console for my living area. so guess what?I decided to recycle and re-purposed them.

I started arranging them to see what I wanted to do

Placing them

I started arranging them to see what I wanted to do. I got them in place and then went back over and got the shelves they removed from the pantry to reuse as my countertop. As you can see I have all the modems on top and that’s what needed to be locked up.

I took drywall screws and screw the cabinets together

Cutting to size

I took drywall screws and screw the cabinets together inside. Then I placed the other shelves on top and measured them for my countertop.

Once I cut them I lightly sanded before paint

Adding paint

I had white paint so I sanded my shelf and painted them white. I used drywall screws and directed to cabinets.

I screwed the wood to cabinet

Attached locking hatch and padlock

I only had drywall mud to fill screw holes, so puttied and let dry then went over again with white paint. I attached the locking hatch and padlock. used my crate and other decor to finalize.

It looks so much more complete and clean

Final kitchen cabs to Tv console

I absolutely love to repurpose and this one turned out perfect! I hope you enjoy and would love your feedback. Thank you

• Short

What about some small feet on the bottom

• Patricia

Go to paint dept. In HD or Lowes....look for TSP....powder or liquid...cleans grease on many surfaces...must use gloves...

• Bren

What did you use to clean the outside of the cabinet doors? I’m thinking of redoing my kitchen cabinets that they need a good cleaning.

• Jaswan

Why padlock the cabinet?