Small Rental Bathroom Makeover

$168

My small guest bathroom was neglected and boring. The rental mirror, the yellow walls, and the lack of character were all keeping this from being a fun space for guests to use. I felt like since it was a guest room we had more options to make it more fun. While we still wanted it to be functional for guests, most of the time it's just a spare bathroom we use when both of us need to pee at the same time!

AFTER! Check out the steps below to see how I achieved this look!

Paint Color is HGTV Sherwin Williams, Sweety Pink.

Bathroom BEFORE

Here's the bathroom before we made any updates. We cleared almost everything out and started with a blank slate.

Measure Your Space!!

Gather Some Tools!

We bought this paint, a new rug, a roller (bigger than the one pictured), a pole, and of course some plants!

We Removed the Glued On MIrror

Check out my other project for detailed instructions on how we removed this glued on mirror!

Choose a Fun Color!

We chose pink because I've always wanted a pink bathroom! I've never had one and I am so happy I just went for it. (I also wore a matching sweatshirt haha)

Tape of Your Edges! And Don't Forget the Pole, It Really Helps!

The pole was a great purchase that allowed us to move around the small room quickly without getting a step ladder and moving it around a bunch. Definitely recommend one.

Measure and Plan Next Steps After Paint Dries!

Here you can see I scribbled some options for artwork placement and shelves!

Built Some Shelves!

These are Rubbermaid Shelves, bought at Home Depot. We added gold brackets from World Market Cost Plus.

Shelves Built!

We chose three because of the amount of space we had above the toilet.

Use a Level, A Drill, and Screw Into the Wall

Here we chose to screw directly into studs so that the shelves could hold a little extra weight.

Here Are The Shelves Hung!

Next is the fun part!!! Styling them! Use whatever you like, toilet paper rolls, plants, items around the house.

Styled Shelves!

(Hot Pink Frames sponsored by Frame It Easy)

Completed Bathroom!

Here I put up some items from Target, Urban Outfitters Home, TJ Maxx, and some faux plants!!

Thanks For Watching My Project!!

Feel free to ask about any of the details you want to know about!

• Lovesunique

Measurements of bathroom, please, and is that a tub shower combination? Love what you did to make the bath a fun place to "visit".

• Kathy T

where did you get the colorful rug?

where did you get your shower curtain?

Such a pretty makeover !

• Amanda

Hey Kathy! The shower curtain is from target and the colorful rug is from Urban Outfitters home. Both items are still currently available at their respective stores.

• Rose Alford

Where did you find the clothes hamper?

Did you run into issues with the landlord? The title indicates that your in a rental?

• Nancy Blackwell

I would have Issues if I had not been ask .You have repair to walls and painting to be redone.Your happy with the results but a landlord may not.You may not get your deposit back.