Silk Tie Easter Eggs

$3

Do you have some old silk neck ties that are just hanging in a closet and not being used? If not, then head to a thrift store and buy some because we have a fun Easter egg project for you. You will use the ties to make colorful, one of a kind Easter eggs. This is a kid-friendly project that you can do alone or with the children in your life.

These Easter eggs are the final result of using old silk neck ties. Come along, and we will show you how easy it is to create them.

First, take the ties apart so that you have just the silk fabric that is on the front of the tie. The more colorful the silk, the more colorful your eggs will be.

Then wrap the silk around the egg and tie it tightly with kitchen twine or dental floss.

Do that to each egg that you plan to "dye."

Then put the eggs in a pot of water and boil them for 12 minutes. Once they are done, remove them from the water and let them cool.

When they are cool, gently remove the silk fabric and discard it. The results are like a box of chocolates. You don't know what you will get. The results will be as different as the ties that you selected. Some will be more colorful than others, but each one will be unique in its own way. Place them in a bowl of Easter grass and enjoy. For more Easter projects and tons of crafts and home decor projects, please visit our lifestyle blog. The link is listed below.

The 2 Seasons

• Susan Mays

You must not be talking about what I paid for my husband's silk ties. I think he would kill me if I took a scissors to the $225 tie I bought him for his birthday in Tokyo. Silk ties are expensive and there are so many people out there who could use them for job interviews that can't afford them.

• Satiety

This would be a great project for the kids at church! They could just ask for donated silk ties from the congregation, I'll bet they'd get a pile!