No Sew Drop Cloth Rug With Tassels

$20

There's no reason to spend a lot of money on a new rug. Let me show you how to make a no sew drop cloth rug with tassels that you can layer and change out from season to season. It's easy and costs next to nothing.

You'll need to start with a bleached out drop cloth that has been cut to 27 inches by 39 inches.

Start by measuring and folding down one inch on one of the sides of the rug. This will give you a guide to help you as you work.

Now you'll take your Super Weight Heat n Bond and measure it the length of your rug and lay it down against the fold of the rug.

You will want to then fold the other flap over and iron the fold again. This time with the Heat n Bond and this will give you the finished edge for your rug without sewing one thing!

When you are ironing the Heat n Bond, hold the iron 3-5 seconds in one place to give time for the bonding to take place.

You'll do this same process around each side of the rug.

Now that the drop cloth rug is finished, it's time to add some tassels. You can see how I made the tassels in this previous Hometalk post.

On the ends that you want your tassels to be, you need to measure and mark one inch in and 1/4 inch up. Do this at the top and bottom of the rug.

Then make a mark 7 3/4 inches from that on the top and bottom of the rug.

Make sure to do this on both ends of your drop cloth.

It's time to make four holes where you've marked to tie the tassels into. I take an ice pick, but if you have a thick needle, you can use that instead.

Twist the string on the tassel and push it through the hole you've made. If you are having trouble, you can use the ice pick or needle to push the string through.

Tie the tassel with the knot on the backside of the rug and trim the excess yarn.

I tied four tassels on each end of the drop cloth rug.

Your no sew drop cloth rug with tassels is all done! I used spring colors, but this is a totally interchangeable rug that you could use anytime of the year. All you'd need to do is change out the tassels.

If you'd like more ideas or to learn more about layering rugs, hop over to my Perfect Layered Rug post.

Linda