Asked on Mar 6, 2020

How can I decorate a small bathroom?

The Bachelorette Pad FlipRedcatcecDeb K
+12

• You usually can't paint, but you can use towels, shower curtains, and accessories to add color to the room.

• Vimarhonor

Hello. The use of color and layering of textures might be considered. Your towels rugs shower curtain and decorative element can help define your design in decor aesthetic.

Have you thought about searching the visuals on Pinterest or Houzz for inspiration? There is a wealth of ideas and visual inspiration there for your consideration. That might lead you to decide on an idea or theme. After that I’ll be assembling materials and starting your project.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Use accessories to brighten up. If you don't want to put holes in the walls for shelves, you can do a free standing storage. Especially over the toilet unit will add space and if you go white, will make it look larger. Get an under the sink shelving system that is adjustable around the pipes.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

What is the problem with the bathroom?

• TheHoneycombHome

You might find a few ideas from my tiny bathroom makeover: https://thehoneycombhome.com/floor-stickers-in-the-bathroom/

Hi Kathy: You should ask your landlord if you can paint or put up shelving before doing anything. If he/she says you can, get it in writing, and dated and signed by both of you as to if you can and what colours you can use and if you have to put it back to the original colour when you vacate the premises. Then, take before pictures of the entire room, floor, walls, ceiling, and after, if you have to put it back to it's original colour, just to be sure you get your security deposit back. Other than that, matching accessories would be be the way to go. Good luck

• Betsy is right, check with your landlord first to see what is allowed. After that, follow the rules and do what you can. There are a slew of bathroom ideas on Hometalk, I'm sure if you used the search bar at the top left, you'll get a million great ideas. Personally I'd go with dark paint, big, bold, and fun.

• Carrie @ Curly Crafty Mom

I would get one of those shelves for above the toilet for extra storage. Adding a mirror always make a space look bigger, too! I'd go with light colored or white accessories... maybe a pop of color, but less bold colors will make the room look bigger.

Carrie

curlycraftymom.com

• Linda

One thing you can do is hang some peel and stick wallpaper. The nice thing about it is that you can easily take it down when you leave. https://rstyle.me/+supRmZA3RqoLaJ15Il-WJA

• Cindy

Hi Kathy. You might find out what you can / can't do in your lease. Usually leases are long and boring. But I recommend that you read it carefully, even the small print.

• Cynthia H

Shower curtains,bathmat, towels can give you a fresh look and be taken with you.

• Deb K

Hi Kathybradley56, here are some cool inexpensive ideas, you can buy peel and stick decals anywhere, and fancy shower curtains (line with a dollar store vinyl curtain on the inside)

1. Get a New Toilet Seat. ...
    2. Deep-Clean—or Paint Over!— ...
    3. Swap Out the Lights Your Landlord Chose. ...
    4. New Shower Head, New Life. ...
    5. Make the Walls Work with Your Existing Tile. ...
    6. Get a Luxe-Looking Shower Curtain. ...
    7. Something Soft and Pretty Underfoot. ...
    8. All the Tiny Details, you can find online and in dollar stores.