Quick Art With a Cabinet Door

$35

No need to be an artist or even have a canvas to make art for your home!

Paint your cabinet doors

I used a chalk/mineral paint to paint the cabinets so that when I applied the transfer later, I wouldn't have adhesion problems. Plus since it used so little, I was able to use up paint I already had on hand.

Apply rub on transfer

These transfers honestly do all the work! Instant art in my opinion. The transfers I purchased came with a couple designs..just what I needed.

After the paint was completely dry..I lined up the transfer where I wanted. Removed the backing and rubbed on using the paint stick. Super Easy!

Painting the trim

After looking at my cabinets with the transfers in place, I realized that it needed something extra. I grabbed painter's tape so I would have clean lines and painted the trim with a coordinating blue.

Adding sawtooth hangers

So that it hung straight I actually used 2 sawtooth hangers in the back of each. Of course if your cabinet is smaller, only one maybe needed.

Seal the edges

So..this is not totally necessary, but I liked the satin finish the polycrylic gave the edges compared to the flat matte chalk/mineral paint has. I applied a thin coat with a brush.

Finished!

This project was so easy and took hardly any time to do. Plus what an awesome way to repurpose old cabinet doors right?

Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Easy DIY Remedies For Your 7 Most Hated Bugs
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
15 Amazing Projects To Help Make Your Home Look Fabulous
18 Beautiful Crafts For The 4th of July
30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
30 Stunning Ways To Display Your Plants

To see more: //www.Facebook.com/EasternShoreChic

• Kim

I love this idea! Thank you so much for sharing. I really want to do this project soon...as soon as I get some doors.

• Roberta

Check your Restore by Habitat for Humanity. They sell them for $5 or less. 😁

• Kaye

That all pulls together so nicely. You did a great job TFS