Quick Art With a Cabinet Door

$35

No need to be an artist or even have a canvas to make art for your home!

Paint your cabinet doors

I used a chalk/mineral paint to paint the cabinets so that when I applied the transfer later, I wouldn't have adhesion problems. Plus since it used so little, I was able to use up paint I already had on hand.

Apply rub on transfer

These transfers honestly do all the work! Instant art in my opinion. The transfers I purchased came with a couple designs..just what I needed.

After the paint was completely dry..I lined up the transfer where I wanted. Removed the backing and rubbed on using the paint stick. Super Easy!

Painting the trim

After looking at my cabinets with the transfers in place, I realized that it needed something extra. I grabbed painter's tape so I would have clean lines and painted the trim with a coordinating blue.

Adding sawtooth hangers

So that it hung straight I actually used 2 sawtooth hangers in the back of each. Of course if your cabinet is smaller, only one maybe needed.

Seal the edges

So..this is not totally necessary, but I liked the satin finish the polycrylic gave the edges compared to the flat matte chalk/mineral paint has. I applied a thin coat with a brush.

Finished!

This project was so easy and took hardly any time to do. Plus what an awesome way to repurpose old cabinet doors right?

15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
These 21 Bloggers Came Up With The Most Amazing Organization Ideas
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend

To see more: //www.Facebook.com/EasternShoreChic

• Kim
    Kim

I love this idea! Thank you so much for sharing. I really want to do this project soon...as soon as I get some doors.

• Roberta
      Roberta

Check your Restore by Habitat for Humanity. They sell them for $5 or less. 😁

• Kaye
    Kaye

That all pulls together so nicely. You did a great job TFS