Quick Art With a Cabinet Door

$35

No need to be an artist or even have a canvas to make art for your home!

Paint your cabinet doors

I used a chalk/mineral paint to paint the cabinets so that when I applied the transfer later, I wouldn't have adhesion problems. Plus since it used so little, I was able to use up paint I already had on hand.

Apply rub on transfer

These transfers honestly do all the work! Instant art in my opinion. The transfers I purchased came with a couple designs..just what I needed.

After the paint was completely dry..I lined up the transfer where I wanted. Removed the backing and rubbed on using the paint stick. Super Easy!

Painting the trim

After looking at my cabinets with the transfers in place, I realized that it needed something extra. I grabbed painter's tape so I would have clean lines and painted the trim with a coordinating blue.

Adding sawtooth hangers

So that it hung straight I actually used 2 sawtooth hangers in the back of each. Of course if your cabinet is smaller, only one maybe needed.

Seal the edges

So..this is not totally necessary, but I liked the satin finish the polycrylic gave the edges compared to the flat matte chalk/mineral paint has. I applied a thin coat with a brush.

Finished!

This project was so easy and took hardly any time to do. Plus what an awesome way to repurpose old cabinet doors right?

To see more: //www.Facebook.com/EasternShoreChic

• Kim

I love this idea! Thank you so much for sharing. I really want to do this project soon...as soon as I get some doors.

• Roberta Burke

Check your Restore by Habitat for Humanity. They sell them for $5 or less. 😁

• Kaye

That all pulls together so nicely. You did a great job TFS