Bathroom Vanity Refresh

$30

My builder grade Master Bathroom vanity was bad. Really bad. After two years I finally decided to do something about it and got to work. Here’s a before photo of the bathroom.

Hideous Before Photo

Break Out the Spray Cans

Light fixture after

I used a can of Rustoleum Matte Black spray paint I had in the basement on the light fixture for a quick, easy and free light refresh!

Cover Everything!

For the countertop I purchased a $4.00 can of Rustoleum Appliance Epoxy spray paint from Walmart. I heard it produced lots of overspray so I took the time to cover everything in the bathroom and I’m so glad I did. Cover everything, including yourself and be sure to wear a respirator because the smell of the spray paint is absolutely awful. Very strong! I also removed the faucets to replace them. Otherwise you can tape yours off if you plan to reuse them. Spray the entire countertop once and then spray a second coat immediately after the first. Let the countertops cure for a 24 hours, full cure is seven days.

Holy Cow!

The countertops looked amazing! I couldn’t believe my eyes. I just love the power of paint! Moving on to the oak vanity base!

Painting the Cabinet

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Next I moved on to the cabinets. Gave them a very light sanding, two coats of primer and two coats of Sherwin Williams paint in the color Peppercorn leftover from another project. I also added some hardware I bought on Amazon and some new Pfister faucets that were gifted to me but are available at Home Depot. The style is Ladera. The finishing touch was a wooden mirror frame gifted to me by Mirrormates.

The Beautiful After

How this for an after shot? What a huge change and it all began with a couple cans of spray paint!

• Sheryl Howell Crosby

Was a spray paint used for the cabinets or did you use a brush to paint it. The cabinets look great!! Mine were your original color and I hate it. Need to repaint to match my counters better. A beige/gray color.

• Melissa

I painted the counter with Appliance Epoxy Spray paint and used regular paint and brush/roller on the cabinets.

• Rachel Brown

Beautiful!! I have ugly blue marble countertops in the main bathroom and marble green in the master from the 90's. I hated it when we bought the house twenty years ago.... I wonder if this paint will adhere to those surfaces?

• Shelley

How is it all holding up ? I'm inspired by this, and also a little afraid.

• Melissa

You can follow me on Instagram under Gray Rose Home. I share updates all the time!