What are you trying to remove mold from? There are different procedures for different materials.
Use vinegar. It's better than bleach when removing it from porous materials.
Well it depends on where the mold is located and how severe the infestation may be. For surface mold and mildew, plain old white vinegar will kill the mold spores. Bleach will not.
If a more serious infestation in walls, flooring, etc. you need a licensed professional mold remediation service. Heavily regulated by the EPA.
If you provide further information, we can provide more thorough suggestions.
You can use bleach to kill it.
Try this: https://www.hometalk.com/33077514/the-best-way-to-remove-mold-mildew-with-2-ingredients-no-bleach
Tea tree oil if inside the home or Wet and Leave if outside...............Best wishes
Vinegar is a natural alternative to bleach or other strong chemicals. It is not toxic and is won’t harm the environment.
Vinegar is acidic, with a ph of about 2.5. The acid deforms the shape of the proteins on the mold, which breaks down the mold’s structure and kills it.
Natural, non-toxic cleaner. When not completely rinsed away, the low ph of vinegar helps prevent mold from returning.
Hello RR, hope this helps you, Scrub the surface mold stains from walls and wood trim with a mixture of 1 qt. water and 1/2 cup bleach mold cleaner to kill the mold. Use a soft brush and work until signs of the mold disappear. After scrubbing the surfaces, simply allow the bleach solution to continue to penetrate the surfaces and dry.
Vinegar will kill the mold spores, bleach will not. However, bleach will fade the stains. If the surface is paintable, I would kill it with vinegar then cover with a primer that blocks stains like Kilz and then paint.
Mold can be destroyed by vinegar, please wear protection, mask and goggles to prevent spores from getting into your body. If there is a lot of mold you may have to consider mold remediation by professionals.
Indoors or outdoors?
Different products or different places might be suggested.
We did have an area high up house that was dangerous to get to and we used the fabulous product Wet N Forget with a garden house on the ground and it took away all the mold and mildew.
We were considering hiring someone to powerwash and the Wet N Forget did the job!
Hi RR - There are several ways to get rid of mold, but most importantly, you need to address the root cause to keep it from returning. This article focuses on the bathroom, but is an overall great article that covers methods of how to remove mold, if bleach is safe to use, and how to prevent it from coming back. Hope this helps! Hugs, Holly
PS - We have a FREE eBook with recipes for all of my homemade and all-natural cleaners. You can download it here --> https://pinkfortitude.com/thank#GreenClean
Hi RR: A lot depends on where the mold is. Here are some sites that may help:
If it's mildew, check this site:
and finally, if it smells:
It depends where your mold is but I would try bleach.
I used dawn & vinegar and worked well for me
Here is a good post https://www.familyhandyman.com/cleaning/mold-and-mildew/how-to-remove-mold/
Bleach scrub the area first with a scrub brush and soap then bleach the spot try to soak it with a bleach soaked cloth let it sit on the mold over night.
Depends o the kind of mold you're dealing with, and where. You can use water and bleach and leave the problem area with a cloth soaked in it, vacuum the debris, white vinegar should work as well. The spores can also cause allergies, and you can use a hepa filter that can deal with allergies caused by mold as well as dust (with more details here https://allthestuff.com/hepa-filter/). Before that, you can use masks (although there seems to be a global outage now, so repurposed cloth can work in the meantime) as well as clothes covering your limbs to protect you from spores while cleaning.