DIY Denim Rag Wreath

$1

Recently I was cleaning out my closet and found a bunch of pairs of jeans I didn’t wear anymore. I cut a few of them into shorts. As a result, I had a bunch of left over denim pieces that I saved. What I was saving them for I didn’t know yet, but I knew I’d find some use for them eventually. I checked Pinterest for ideas and found that others had made DIY denim rag wreaths out of old denim, and I thought BINGO. That’s it! I will try making a wreath for myself. Here is how I did it.

Step 1, Purchase Wreath Form…

First, I bought this wire wreath from the Dollar Tree, or you can get one on Amazon. No time to make your own wreath, you can buy them on Etsy.

Step 2, Cut and Tie…

Next, I started cutting my denim pieces into strips. I found that cutting them at least 6 inches (or longer) made them the easiest to tie, and you can always trim the excess off later.

Once I had a stack of denim cut into strips, I started tying them to the wire wreath, like this…and just kept tying, and tying, and tying….

I had a few pieces of white denim too, so I decided to tie in some white on the part of the wreath where the wires cross (circled below)…

This part is optional, obviously. You can skip this step if you don't have any white.

Here is how it looked in along the way. I’m not gonna lie, this took a long time to make. Probably close to 2 hours. I kept cutting a huge stack of pieces, tying, then I’d run out and have to cut more.

Step 3, Trim Excess Material…

Once I was done tying, and since I was cutting the pieces pretty long, I had to trim them. You could chose to keep them long if you like that look. Lastly, I sort of fluffed them up all around the wreath until I was satisfied with how it looked.

Here is how it came out. Looks pretty cute. I thought about gluing a shell or starfish to it, but decided to keep it plain for now. I can always add one later.

Here is how it looks hung up...

I used a command strip to hang it on my oven hood.

This is how it looks on our front door.

Upcycle Your Old Clothing Items For These Great Ideas!
3 Gorgeous And Unique Ideas To Display Your Plants
Update Your Plain Dishes With These Adorable Ideas
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
16 Floating Shelves That Will Stun Guests
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
The House house