#spring2020refresh. DIY Patio Towers

$30

Looking to fill in an odd corner, lift up you planters or just want to liven up your outdoor patio? Here’s a simple and eye catching DIY! If you’re like me and have several brick around from patios, you can salvage what you have and create something perfect for your outdoor space.

Salvaging old brick or buying new brick pavers

I had quite a bit of left over brick from an old patio that was dug up. You can use salvage brick or buy new brick pavers from a store. If you get the standard brick pavers, those are typically 2” thick, you will just need more to create the height you prefer. The ones I used are 4” thick.

-Measure the height you’d want your tower to be, divide by the thickness of brick to determine about how many you’d need to get that height then times by 4 to get your total brick/ pavers

(Ex. I wanted mine to be about 3 feet (36”). My pavers are 4” thick. 36 divided by 4 =9

9x4=36. So I’ll need 36 brick.

Bottom and top level

You'll need two square patio pavers for the bottom and top levels. Typically these are 16” square and 2” thick. Be sure to add the 4” to your height of the tower.

Creating the Base of the tower

Position where you want your tower to stand. Make sure that it’s level before you begin stacking the brick/pavers

Stacking

Start your first row with alternating directions. Be sure to center the brick/pavers on your bottom square paver. Next step shows how the next row will be stacked.

Alternate

Alternate the way you stack the brick each row. Next picture shows the side view. Ass you stack keep your brick/pavers lined up and keep it square.

Continue alternate stacking

Each level will be a different side of the brick. Continue to the next level.

Level

Be sure to use a level every other level of brick/pavers. This will be able to help you find issues with the balance during the stacking, rather then when your finished.

Stacking, continued...

Once you get to your desired height, make sure your tower is squared up. It’s not going to be perfect, but just check it all around to make sure it’s all lined up. Mine looks a bit off, because of the old brick I used.

Top it off!

After you get your tower square up and level, it’s time to add the final square paver. Again, check the tower with the level, to see if any tweaks need to be made.

My patio is far from finished, but I love the addition of these towers. It will really complete the look.

I plan on using planters on mine as soon as it’s warm enough to plant. But you certainly can leave them as is or decorate how ever you want! After all it’s your home!

I hope this inspires you! Please follow me on my social media accounts! The links are posted.

Hometalk's Top 10 Spookiest Halloween Picks Of 2017
Try These Gorgeous Ideas And The Mailman Will Never Miss Your Mailbox!
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
25 Adorable Ornament Ideas to Get You SUPER Excited for Christmas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
22 Homemade Soaps You Can Give As Gifts All Year Round
21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Check Out These Wonderful Ways To Decorate Your Plain Mugs
These West Elm Knockoffs Are Pretty Unbelievable
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home

To see more: https://linktr.ee/r.e.picks

• Tina

You’ve just given me some great ideas! I love how it looks. You’ve added great architectural detail in a very clever way!

• Patsy

I have double windows could I make two and stack my window box on them?

• Patsy

You gave me some good ideas,thank you for your kindness.Happy St. Patricks Day Good Luck to you and yours.

• Flipturn

What did you do to ensure that each layer of brick was level?

Just keep trying different individual bricks?

• Re-Picks

I didn’t really encountered an issue with that until I put the square paver on. I just used a flat rock I had in my landscaping and wedged it in where I needed it. But I would try different bricks, like you said, until you get it level.

• Mary Porod

Love the look of the old brick! I might try a modified version!

• Nancy

I want to make a BBQ grill and this gives me a great idea. Thankyou

• Re-Picks

You’re welcome and Yes! My dad did something like that. Basically made it “built in” it looks really nice!