Pizza Pan Art

$22

Just recently redid my kitchen, changing the colours of my cupboards and switching out the hardware to a brushed gold. My island was painted Naples blue by Benjamin Moore and I wanted to introduce the gold and blue elsewhere in the kitchen. I originally looked to purchase gold trays but couldn’t justify the $40+ price tag. So I came across pizza pans at the dollar store and a lightbulb went off.

I used large size pizza pans and after removing the sticker used goo gone to take care of the remaining sticky residue. Don’t forget this step or you won’t get a smooth finish.

Ready for pattern

This is the pan with all the residue removed, washed and given a base coat of gold spray paint.

Paints

These are the paint colours used and this picture also shows the island colour and hardware I was trying to match.

Using newspaper and painters tape I revealed the areas to be spray painted. Purely random, I just went for it and didn’t predetermine the pattern

Finished

The estimated completion time of 2 hours was to allow for drying time between colours. Just waiting to hang now.

• Heather Ruiz

Very pretty and love the colors. Would love to see the entire kitchen with them in it!!

• Ann Edmondson

They would also make some awesome trays for the tables to protect the wood from plant overflow of watering.

• Cartwrightd

My original intent was to make a tray for under my coffee maker. After doing that I then made these as wall decor.