Pizza Pan Art

$22

Just recently redid my kitchen, changing the colours of my cupboards and switching out the hardware to a brushed gold. My island was painted Naples blue by Benjamin Moore and I wanted to introduce the gold and blue elsewhere in the kitchen. I originally looked to purchase gold trays but couldn’t justify the $40+ price tag. So I came across pizza pans at the dollar store and a lightbulb went off.

I used large size pizza pans and after removing the sticker used goo gone to take care of the remaining sticky residue. Don’t forget this step or you won’t get a smooth finish.

Ready for pattern

This is the pan with all the residue removed, washed and given a base coat of gold spray paint.

Paints

These are the paint colours used and this picture also shows the island colour and hardware I was trying to match.

Using newspaper and painters tape I revealed the areas to be spray painted. Purely random, I just went for it and didn’t predetermine the pattern

Finished

The estimated completion time of 2 hours was to allow for drying time between colours. Just waiting to hang now.

21 Small Things You Can Do to Beautify Your Home This Weekend
Hide Your Couch's Wear and Tear With These Great Ideas
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
20 Ways To Incorporate Mosaics Into Your Home
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before

• Heather Ruiz
    Heather Ruiz

Very pretty and love the colors. Would love to see the entire kitchen with them in it!!

• Ann Edmondson
    Ann Edmondson

They would also make some awesome trays for the tables to protect the wood from plant overflow of watering.

• Cartwrightd
      Cartwrightd

My original intent was to make a tray for under my coffee maker. After doing that I then made these as wall decor.