Asked on Mar 14, 2020

How can I store bathmats in the bathroom?

HomeroadJessica Welling InteriorsBetsy
+18

My newly renovated bathroom has a large walk in shower with a frameless shower door. What are some options for bath mat storage?

• K. Rupp

Hi Mel, forgive me since I am confused as to what you are asking. Are you trying to figure out where to store your bath mat when not in use? Or are you trying to figure out where to put your bath mat in the renovated bathroom?

• K. Rupp

gotcha! Yeah, I put ours over the shower doors. Or you could put it over the towel bar when not in use if it is clean. The bath mat is a pain to store because you need that area under the bath mat to dry out a bit....as well as the bath mat itself.

• Unexpected Elegance

You question was addressed here with several solutions:

https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5492300/shower-bath-mat-where-to-hang-to-dry

• Cheryl A

If you are asking what to do with the bath mat once you have used it, I hang mine on top of the shower door or on a towel rack in my tub to dry - not sure if this is what you are asking for sure.

• Cynthia H

I hang mine over the side of the tub to dry. Or you could clip it to a skirt hanger and hang it up if you have a place to.

• Unique Creations By Anita

We have a plastic hanger for trousers which hangs inside the shower. The mat is clipped up after use.

• Cindy

You could install a towel bar somewhere in your bathroom to hang the mat on. You could even install a towel bar on the back of the door. This way the bath mat will stay clean and dry while not in use.

• Redcatcec

Ours has suction cups, just stick it on the wall and the water drains off, then when it is drained, we drape it over the side of the tub,with the section cups facing up.

• FrugalFamilyTimes.com

I’ve seen people hang a towel bar really low to hang their bath mat on.

• Johnavallance82

Hello Mel,

Roll them up and store in wall towel holder............

• Em

Sew a loop on two corners with ribbon and hang from command hooks.

• Sharon

Basket or a large ceramic plant pot.

• Julies1949

We installed a towel bar lower down below the shelf that holds towels and baskets and hang the bathmat from that.

• Johnavallance82

Hello Em,

"Storage" would hardly mean Wet! It would only mean mouldy!

• Simple Nature Decor

You can use a small ottoman is what i use for my extra stuff in bath, i can use it to sit down as well https://amzn.to/2TWbrMj

Hi Mel: You can get some suction cup type towel holders and put them into the shower and drape the mats over them. You will want them to be able to air out and not get all moldy and stinky:) Good luck

• Jessica Welling Interiors

Do you have multiple bath mats? I would think about keeping them rolled up standing vertically in a basket on the floor near the shower if you have the space.

• Homeroad

You can roll them up and put them in a basket in the bathroom.