Bohemian Moon Phase Wall Hanging

$20

I’ve seen these charming moon phase hangings pop up more and more and have always loved the minimal look of them. I decided to create my own for a fun project that also saved money instead of buying one pre-made.

Supplies

1.oven bake clay

2.round clay cutters

3.moon cutters (optional)

4.clay roller

5.gold jewelry clasp rings

6.black leather cord

I put out some parchment paper to make sure the clay didn’t stain my counter top.

Next, I cut one section from the clay and worked it until it was fairly easily molded. I rolled it into a ball, and then used my clay roller to roll it out to about 1/8” thickness.

Next I used the round clay cutter to make the center full moon.

I added a hole close to the top to put the gold hoop through after the clay is done baking.

I continued with the same steps as before. Now, to make the next moon phase I used my round cutter to take a small portion from my full moon. You’ll make this particular size twice.

follow the same steps, but you’ll take slightly more from each moon to make the moon phases.

This is what all of your moons will look like. I placed them on a cookie sheet and baked at 275•F for 15 minutes.

Once they cooled I put a gold ring through each moon.

I then threaded them onto my black leather cord.

I measured 3” between each moon.

Once I had the moons properly spaced, I used some hot glue on the back of each moon and up onto the ring/cord to help hold them in place on the cord.

All done 😊

16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
3 Cute Step-by-Step Ideas For Unique Planters
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Make Your Home a Winter Wonderland With These Stunning Ideas
Quick Easter Egg Ideas That Are Just Too Cute
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
18 String Art Ideas That You'll Want To Hang In Your Home
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut

• Sandy

I love this! My eyes are always attracted to anything stars and moon! Do you think this could be done with air-dry clay and a rolling pin?(!). Not to “cheap out”, but I don’t want to have to buy a clay roller and oven-bake clay. I have the cookie cutters! Thanks.

• Trish F

You could use air dry clay. After manipulating the clay to make it pliable put it between plastic wrap, wax or parchment paper and use a rolling pin or even a can of soup/veggies to roll to your desired thickness. Follow package directions for drying.